............................................................ Canine Chronicle Article About Marlex
............................................................................................................................. Classie Ads ............................................................................................................................. Available ....................................................................................................................... Sign Guestbook
.......................................................................................................................... View GuestbookHome Of Top Winning Min Pin & Toy Dog Of All Times! "Classie" GCh Marlex Classic Red Glare.
August 6, 2015:New Arrivals! Litter cobred with Lulin. Repeat breeding of "Opal", the 2015 MPCA National Specialty Winners Bitch & Best BBE.
Sire: "Blaze" GCh Marlex N Kisa Set Fire.Classie Show Record To Date: 130 Best In Shows. MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 & 2013 MPCA Top 20 Winner for 3 years in a row (2011, 2012 & 2013) 355 GROUP FIRSTS WESTMINSTER TOY GROUP FIRST 2014 147 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 24 Specialty Best In Shows 47 Reserve Best In Shows Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Third in 2013, Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club in 2013 & 2014, AKC recognized BIS, previously counted as Group 1 by us. Best In Show AKC/Eukanuba Inaugural Owner Handled Series Finals.
Dam: "Jewel" Ch Marlex Precious Chips.
3 Puppies! 1 Black/Rust Boy, 1 Stag Reg Boy and 1 Red Girl.Best In Show #130, under judge Mrs. Carolyn Herbel at Elkton, FL show on Sunday, after the Saturday Group 2nd.
August 1, 2015:In process of updating website with recent information. Updated "Upcoming Litters" and "Available".
"Blaze" GCh Marlex N Kisa Set Fire, the 2015 MPCA National Specialty's Best Of Breed, Top 20 Winner and Best Stud Dog, continues to rank Number 1 Min Pin for 2015 in All-Breed points.
The first half of 2015 has been amazing for the bred and cobred Marlex Kids, with 7 puppies finishing their championship in a flash:
"Blaze" x "Classie" all-champion litter:Ch Marlex Born To Be Royal (coowned with Tom & Cathy Polmateer)
Ch Marlex Royal Jubilee (coowned with Leah Monte)Best In Show #128, under breeder-judge Sharon Krogh, ties the Toy Record Of All Time for most BIS. Followed the next day with a New Record with
"Julio" x "Brooke" all-champion litter cobred with Lulin:
GCh Marlex Lulin Heat Wave (coowned with Larry Dewey)Best In Show #127, Judge Joseph Joly III at Ft. Lauderdale DC shows. 2 Group Firsts, A Best and a RBIS!
Ch Marlex Lulin Wave Rider (owned by Ann Parman)
Ch Marlex Lulin Making Waves (owned by Phyllis Sklar)Wins MPCA 2014 Best In Maturity Stakes, under breeder judge Mrs. Vivian Hogan
"Blaze" x "Jewel" litter cobred with Sunsprite:
Ch Marlex Sunsprite Fire Opal (2015 MPCA National WB & Best BBE)Classie Career Show Record To Date:
(Littermate female pointed)
"Ace X "Ellie" litter cobred with KISA:
Ch Marlex N Kisa Star Power (owned by Lani Miner)
Two littermate males pointed.
October 1, 2014:The royal babies (Blaze X Classie) at 16 weeks: Marlex Born To Be Royal and Marlex Royal Jubilee: The Julio X Brooke babies at 16 weeks:
April 2014 - Classie Retires From Active Competition:Classie, THE TOP WINNING TOY DOG & TOP WINNING MIN PIN OF ALL TIME retires on TOP!
Retires from active competition, holding the ALL TIME RECORD of 132 Best In Shows, and still ranked Top Toy in 2014 as well. She tied the Toy Record on 3/29/14 under breeder-judge Mrs. Sharon Krogh, then broke the record the next day 3/30/14 under judge Mrs. Ann Hearn. Currently holding 130 Best In Shows, having broken the Toy Record with her 129th on March 30, 2014 in Bakersfield, CA under Judge Mrs. Ann Hearn, after tying the record on March 29, 2014 under Breeder-Judge Mrs. Sharon Krogh!!!
Then proceeded to add to HER record with 3 more Best In Shows (judges, Mrs. Carolyn Herbel, Mr. James Noe & Mrs. Terry Berrios) and ended her active career by winning the MPCA NATIONAL SPECIALTY for the 3rd time on 4/17/14, under judge Mr. Eugene Blake, as well as the MPCA Top 20 Event for the 4th consecutive time, under judges Mr. David Fitzpatrick, Ms. Ann Surguy and Mrs. Lydia Hutchinson.
GLORIOUS ENDING ON TOP! Ranked as #1 Toy Dog in 2013, and 2014, as of retirement date!
At the Breed level, Classie broke the 50 year old record held by "Little Daddy" (handled by Tipton) on Sunday May 5, 2013, with her 76th BIS! And, she reached the major milestone of 100 Best In Shows in Atlanta, GA under Judge Mr. Kent Delaney, who had given Classie her first Breed Win and her First Group I at 6 Months 4 Days Old. Talk about fate!
#1 MIN PIN, #1 Toy Dog & #3 Dog Among All Breeds for 2013 & 2014!
132 BEST IN SHOWS at 4 Years 9 months old.
05/12/14:MARLEX CALL ME LA LUPE (Blaze X Mimi) wins a TOP GROUP FIRST from the puppy class, at 8 months old, at her first show with owner Kathy Helming (coowed with Armando). Woohoo, huge congrats to La Lupe & Kathy! We're proud. Here's a photo of La Lupe when she made her debut with Armando at 6 months old:
04/10/14 through 04/17/14:Classie ends her active career at the TOP. Back to Back Best In Shows in Harrisburg, PA, plus 2 RBIS, on to the MPCA National Specialty, where she is awarded Best of Breed for the 3rd time, and Top 20 Winner for the 4th consecutive year!
Of special note and gratitude, an unexpected and very moving presentation was made in honor of Classie at the MPCA Banquet for her record breaking journey and contribution to the miniature pinscher in the spotlight. As commemoration, 3 beautiful and unique Tiles with drawings of Classie's likeness were presented for Armando, Leah & Carole Ann, with cheers from the wonderful crowd. Unforgettable moment!
132 Best In Shows.
MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 & 2013 & 2014
MPCA Top 20 Winner for 4 years in a row (2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014)
359 GROUP FIRSTS
WESTMINSTER TOY GROUP FIRST 2014
147 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS
25 Specialty Best In Shows
49 Reserve Best In Shows
Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012
AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Third in 2013, Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011
Best In Show at Progressive Club in 2013 & 2014, AKC recognized BIS, previously counted as Group 1 by us.
Best In Show AKC/Eukanuba Inaugural Owner Handled Series Finals.
04/15/14:CH MARLEX N KISA SET FIRE - "Blaze"
03/15/14 through 04/06/14:After 2 weeks off at beginning of March, Classie hit the show circuit once again, with awesome results:
Videos Of 2014 Pups
02/20/14 through 02/23/14:WOW.. 4 Consecutive Best In Shows at the Tallahassee, FL shows! Just WOW, sitting at 126 Best In Shows to date! Classie Show Record To Date: 126 Best In Shows. MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 & 2013 MPCA Top 20 Winner for 3 years in a row (2011, 2012 & 2013) 345 GROUP FIRSTS WESTMINSTER TOY GROUP FIRST 2014 146 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 24 Specialty Best In Shows 44 Reserve Best In Shows Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Third in 2013, Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club in 2013 & 2014, AKC recognized BIS, previously counted as Group 1 by us. Best In Show AKC/Eukanuba Inaugural Owner Handled Series Finals.
02/14/14 through 02/17/14:At the Lakeland, FL 4 shows, Classie wins another Best In Show, 2 Reserve Best In Shows, 4 Group Firsts!
02/07/14 through 02/11/14:New York Loves Classie! Classie triumphs in New York during Westminster week. Starts off with Best In Show/Group First at Progressive Dog Club show on Friday, then proceeds to win both Min Pin Specialty Shows on Saturday and Sunday, then at Westminster wins the coveted Toy Group First. It had been over 35 years since a Min Pin had won the Toy Group at Westminster. In addition, we attended the Dogs In Review/Purina Annual Top Dogs Awards, where Classie was honored for being the #1 Toy Dog for 2013. Just awesome!
01/04/14 through 01/25/14:During the Florida January Circuit marathon, Classie is awarded 2 more Best In Shows, 3 Reserve Best In Shows, 10 Group Firsts, 3 Group Seconds. Classie Show Record To Date: 120 Best In Shows. MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 & 2013 MPCA Top 20 Winner for 3 years in a row (2011, 2012 & 2013) 335 GROUP FIRSTS 146 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 22 Specialty Best In Shows 42 Reserve Best In Shows Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club, AKC recognized BIS, previously counted as Group 1 by us.
12/02/13 through 12/31/13:Last 2 Weeks of the Year! Classie wins back to back Best In Show at Gulfport, MS shows, then goes on to the Orlando Eukanuba Adjecent Shows, winning 2 more Best In Shows, plus the AKC Inaugural Owner Handler Finals Best In Show. In the 2 weeks, she got 4 Best In Shows, 1 Owner Handler BIS, 4 Group Firsts, 1 Group 2nd & 1 Group 3rd. Classie Show Record To Date: 118 Best In Shows (117 All-Breed, 1 Progressive BIS counted as BIS by AKC). MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 & 2013 MPCA Top 20 Winner for 3 years in a row (2011, 2012 & 2013) 325 GROUP FIRSTS 144 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 22 Specialty Best In Shows 39 Reserve Best In Shows Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club, AKC recognized BIS, previously counted as Group 1 by us.
11/12/13 through 12/01/13:Catch Up Time again! Last 3 weeks, Classie has been to Montgomery, AL where she won 3 RBIS to the Wire "Sky" with Gabriel. Then on to the Ocala, FL shows where Classie garnered 2 Best In Shows and a RBIS. And finally this weekend, on home turf of Davie, FL shows, Classie wins another Best In Show and a RBIS. So that's 3 Best In Shows, 5 RBIS, 8 Toy Group Firsts in last 3 weekends. Classie Show Record To Date: 114 Best In Shows (113 All-Breed, 1 Progressive BIS counted as BIS by AKC). MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 & 2013 MPCA Top 20 Winner for 3 years in a row (2011, 2012 & 2013) 321 GROUP FIRSTS 142 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 22 Specialty Best In Shows 39 Reserve Best In Shows Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club, AKC recognized BIS, previously counted as Group 1 by us.
09/09/13 through 11/11/13:Catch Up Time! The one and only "Classie" has been busy garnering major Best In Show wins in the last 2 months, currently standing at 110 ALL-BREED BEST IN SHOWS. Results of last 2 months as follows: 8 All Breed Best In Shows 21 Toy Group Firsts 2 Toy Group Seconds 5 Reserve Best In Shows Classie Show Record To Date: 110 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 & 2013 MPCA Top 20 Winner for 3 years in a row (2011, 2012 & 2013) 313 GROUP FIRSTS 142 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 22 Specialty Best In Shows 34 Reserve Best In Shows Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club, AKC recognized BIS, counted as Group 1 by us.
09/09/13:We, Marlex Min Pins, are honored to be the recipients of Toy Breeders Of The Year as announced by AKC Press release. The Award Ceremony to recognize each of the 7 Groups honorees will take place during AKC/Eukanuba National Championship in December, in Orlando. We are humbled by this recognition and at the same time recognize that there are many breeders of yesterday and today who are deserving of this honor as well.
08/11/13 thru 9/8/13:Almost 1 month of catch up on Marlex News, so will cover the "Classie" results of all the shows in summary for the last 4 weeks: In last 18 Shows, Classie wins: 7 more All-Breed Best In Shows 3 more Reserve Best In Shows 16 more Group Firsts 2 more Group Seconds A fruitful month indeed! And a glorious milestone of hitting her 100th All Breed Best In Show and beyond! Classie Show Record To Date: 102 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 & 2013 MPCA Top 20 Winner for 3 years in a row (2011, 2012 & 2013) 292 GROUP FIRSTS 140 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 22 Specialty Best In Shows 29 Reserve Best In Shows Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club, AKC recognized BIS, counted as Group 1 by us. Congrats to Melanie Hackett on finishing our cobred b/r girl Ch Marisol N Marlex Wild Mystique in a flash! Congrats also to Kathy Helming for a great start with the puppy girl MARLEX RUMBA! Rummy is almost finished in just a handful of shows, great job Kathy!
07/26/13 thru 8/4/13:After taking a weekend off, we traveled to Marion, OH and Salem, VA shows where Classie shines yet again! Currently at 95 All-Breed Best In Shows! In 9 Shows, Classie Wins: 5 All-Breed Best In Shows 1 Reserve Best In Show 8 Group Firsts 1 Group Second A fruitful trip indeed! Our new puppy girl MARLEX RUMBA (Ch Altanero Barnstormer X Ch Sargon's Cash N Bold And Beautiful) came along the ride and was shown 4 times, at 6 months old, and won Winners Bitch 3 of the 4 times shown, before she went on to her wonderful new show home with friend Kathy Helming of Trotwood Min Pins. Congrats to Melanie Hackett on wonderful showing of our cobred girl "Zoe" (Marisol N Marlex Wild Mystique), who was awarded two more Majors at the Waukesha Shows and Specialty. Puppy Zoe only needs 1 point to finish! Congrats too on Skeeter's (GCh Marlex Marisol Bold Moves) Top 5 Rankings and multiple Group Placements. He's cobred and coowned with Melanie, shown by Melanie. We are very proud that 4 of the Top 5 All-Breed Min Pins as of June 30th are either owned, coowned or cobred by Marlex! "Classie" - GCH MARLEX CLASSIC RED GLARE "Fiona" - GCH MARLEX WILDFIRE "Iceman" - GCH KISA THE ICEMAN COMETH V MARLEX "Skeeter" - GCH MARLEX MARISOL BOLD MOVES
07/14/2013:ANOTHER SET OF BACK-TO-BACK BEST IN SHOWS for Classie at the Jupiter-Tequesta shows in West Palm Beach, under Judges Mr. Tom Daniels and Mr. Dana Cline. Great weekend, and extra special as the Monte clan was there to cheer for her and see her triumph.
07/7/2013:We traveled to Monroe, MI for one Specialty show and 2 all-breed shows. Classie triumphs yet again by winning BISS at the Motor City Min Pin Specialty on Friday, then Group 1st and Best In Show #88 on Saturday, and Group 1st on Sunday. The b/r puppy dog Marlex N Marisol Blackstorm, AKA "Kody", makes his show debut at the Motor City AM Specialty on Friday and wins a 3 point Major, and not to be outdone by her littermate brother, the b/r puppy bitch Marisol N Marlex Wild Mystique (Zoe) wins a 3 point major on Sunday. These littermates were bred by Melanie Hackett & Armando Angelbello. Classie Show Record To Date: 88 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 & 2013 MPCA Top 20 Winner for 3 years in a row (2011, 2012 & 2013) Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club, AKC recognized BIS, counted as Group 1 by us. 266 GROUP FIRSTS 137 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 22 Specialty Best In Shows 25 Reserve Best In Shows
06/23 through 6/30/2013:WHAT A TRIP TO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST SHOWS FOR DYNAMO "CLASSIE"! Friday 6/21: Wins both Specialties of the Pacific NW Min Pin Club, under breeder-judge Garry Clausing and judge Mrs. Joan Zielinski. Saturday 6/22: Wins Best In Show #84 under Judge Mr. George Marquis after Group 1 (Kent Delaney) and Breed under breeder-judge Karen Clausing. Sunday 6/23: Wins RBIS after Breed & Group First win under breeder-judge Mrs. Gloria Knapp. Friday 6/28 through Sunday 6/30: HAT TRICK FOR Classie, as she wins the 3 Consecutive Best In Shows, under Mrs. Christine Smith, Mrs. Charlotte Patterson and Mr. Terry Stacy! Aside from the shows, we got to visit with our wonderful Min Pin friends of the Pacific Northwest who provided great hospitality and support for us. Also had the great opportunity to appreciate the beauty of the Pacific Northwest. On the showing side, couldn't have asked for better results: Best In Show at 4 of the 5 All-Breed Shows. Best In Specialty Show at both Specialties.
06/16/2013:At the St. Petersburg DFA shows in Tampa, Classie wins Best In Show #83 under Mrs. Bolus on Saturday and RBIS on Sunday, after the back to back Group Firsts.
06/10/2013:At the Boca Raton Shows in West Palm Bch, FL, Classie is awarded Gr 2 on Saturday and Grou 1 & RBIS on Sunday. Classie Show Record To Date: 82 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 & 2013 MPCA Top 20 Winner for 3 years in a row (2011, 2012 & 2013) Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club, AKC recognized BIS, counted as Group 1 by us. 257 GROUP FIRSTS 137 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 19 Specialty Best In Shows 23 Reserve Best In Shows
06/2/2013:BEST IN SHOW #82 under Judge Mr. Rodney Merry! A great set of 4 shows in Biloxi, MS (one of my favorite show sites) where Classie wins all 4 Toy Groups, and the BIS. On June 2nd, "Marissa" (GCh Marlex Brings The Heat) presented us (Armando, Kim Byrd & Joanne Wilds) with a Litter of 4 (3 B/R Girls & 1 Red Boy), sired by "Moji" (Multi BISS & National Specialty Winner Ch Marlex Lulin Mojito. The latest Marlex & KISA joint venture!  : Elsewhere, the lovely "Fiona" (GCh Marlex Kisa Wildfire) continues her winning ways piloted by Erin Roberts with a weekend of multiple Group Placements! Co-owned by Joanne Wilds, Kim Noel & Armando.  :
05/27/2013:BACK TO BACK BEST IN SHOWS for Classie at Fort Myers, FL shows. That's #80 and #81, under Judges Mrs. Linda Tilka and Mrs. Peggy Hauck. A memorable Memorial Weekend! Also out and about, GCh Marlex N Marisol Bold Moves (Skeeter) wins 4 Breeds in Michigan, along with a Group 4 & Group 2! Go Melanie and Skeeter! And in Oklahoma City, GCh Marlex Kisa Wildfire (Fiona) also gets multiple group placements, handled by Erin Roberts for Joanne Wilds & Kim Noel, and coowned with Armando. Way to go Fi!
05/20/2013:Classie wins back to back Group Firsts and RBIS at the weekend Brooksville, Florida shows.
05/13/2013:What a weekend in Perry, GA for Classie! 3 All-Breed Best In Shows under judges Barbara Alderman, Linda More and Joseph Gregory. In addition, finished "Adele" (Ch Lulin Marlex Holiday Cheer) coowned with breeders Luis & Linda Colarte, and "Blaze" (Ch Marlex N Kisa Set Fire) owned by Armando, and cobred by Armando, and Kim Byrd. Congrats also to Shelley Erdman on our coowned boy Breed win on Sunday in Texas with "Runner" (GCh Sunsprite Marlex Rum Runner), bred by Marcia Tucker. Classie Show Record To Date: 79 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 & 2013 MPCA Top 20 Winner for 3 years in a row (2011, 2012 & 2013) MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club, AKC recognized BIS, counted as Group 1 by us. 248 GROUP FIRSTS 136 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 19 Specialty Best In Shows 21 Reserve Best In Shows
05/06/2013:In Watkinsville, GA, Classie wins back to back Group Firsts under Judges Gloria Geringer and Ann Hearn, and on Sunday wins her 76th Best In Show under Judge Mrs. Terry Berrios! An unforgettable day and win as Classie broke the 50 year old record that was previously held by "Little Daddy", a record most, including us, thought would never be broken. Classie had other ideas and we are thrilled! The support from the Min Pin fancy and the dog fancy in general has been humbling and overwhelming. Classie Show Record To Date: 76 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 & 2013 MPCA Top 20 Winner for 3 years in a row (2011, 2012 & 2013) MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club, AKC recognized BIS, counted as Group 1 by us. 245 GROUP FIRSTS 136 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 19 Specialty Best In Shows 21 Reserve Best In Shows
04/29/2013:Classie and I took this weekend off to rest and go on family outings. Was great!
04/22/2013:In Timmonium, MD, Classie wins a Toy Group Second, followed by a Toy Group First and Best In Show under Judge Mr. Richard Beauchamp. Her 75th Best In Show, tying the All Time Breed Record. One more to go to set her own record for the history books! Also along for the ride, Lulin Marlex Holiday Cheer (Adele), cobred and coowned with Luis & Linda Colarte (Lulin), competes in the classes and wins Winners Bitch 2 days, now only needing 1 point to finish. This Chip X DeeDee daughter is finishing in a flash.
04/15/2013:A FANTASTIC MIN PIN NATIONAL FOR MARLEX KIDS in Sacramento, California. Starting with CLASSIE who won the National Specialty, the Top 20, Local Specialty and Adjecent 2 All-Breed shows. She came home with: Best of Breed & Top 20 Winner at MPCA National. Best of Breed at MPCNC Local Specialty. Back to Back Toy Group Firsts At All-Breed Shows & RBIS on Sunday! More information to follow on all the other great recognition other Marlex related kids received!
04/06/2013:Classie, A HAT TRICK IN Alabama with 3 Consecutive Best In Shows (#'s 72, 73 & 74!). That makes for 5 Consecutive Best In Shows! Elated!
03/31/2013:Classie, BACK TO BACK BEST IN SHOWS, under Mra. Jane Forsyth and Mr. Edd Bivin! That's BIS #70 and #71, at Newnan, GA shows.
03/24/2013:GREAT SHOWING IN THE TARHEEL CIRCUIT! Now at 69 ALL BREED BESTS IN SHOW! Classie returns home with 2 Back-to-Back BEST IN SHOWS, 3 Group Firsts, 1 Group Second and 1 Group Third. Thrilled! Also shown in the Tarheel circuit, "Adele" (Lulin Marlex Holiday Cheer) wins the points 3 days in a row, including 2 majors. Adele was bred by Luis & Linda Colarte and Armando Angelbello, coming from a litter of one, sired by Ch Marlex Mister Chips out of Ch Lulin Travis Delight. In 5 shows she has 10 points, including 3 Majors! Missed reporting on "Skeeter" (GCh Marlex N Marisol Bold Moves) a couple of weeks ago, taking breed both days, and Toy Group 3rd! Shown by Melanie Hackett. Classie Show Record To Date: 69 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club, AKC recognized BIS, counted as Group 1 by us. 235 GROUP FIRSTS 135 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 17 Specialty Best In Shows 20 Reserve Best In Shows
03/18/2013:GREAT SHOWING AT KENTUCKIANA CLUSTER OF SHOWS, in Louisville, KY. 4 of the biggest shows of the Year and our Classie comes out as the Top Winning dog in the 4 Day Cluster, with a BEST IN SHOW #67, 3 Group Firsts, and a Group Second. WooHoo! Classie Show Record To Date: 67 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club, AKC recognized BIS, counted as Group 1 by us. 232 GROUP FIRSTS 133 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 17 Specialty Best In Shows 20 Reserve Best In Shows
03/10/2013:Classie goes to two shows on home turf, Palm Beach, FL. With home crowd, family and friends cheering her on, she wins BACK TO BACK BEST IN SHOWS (#65 & 66), 2 Group Firsts, and a Group Second at Friday's Toy Show.
03/03/2013:Classie goes to 4 Shows in Ft Walton/Pensacola. Finishes with yet another Best In Show (#64), a RBIS, 2 Group Firsts, and 2 Group Seconds.
02/24/2013:Classie goes to 4 Shows in Tallahassee, FL and comes home with another Best In Show (#63), a RBIS, 3 Group Firsts and a Group Second!
02/18/2013:Classie goes to 4 Shows; 3 in Greenville, SC Friday through Sunday, and 1 in Lakeland, FL on Monday. The results were 1 Best In Show (#62), 3 Group Firsts and 1 Group Second, and 1 Reserve Best In Show. The girl is hot! "Blaze", Marlex Kisa Set Fire, our puppy boy gets shown twice in Greenville with back to back Best Of Winner wins, getting his 2nd Major at barely 7 months old. Now has 9 Points, both majors, in 4 shows! Classie Show Record To Date: 62 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 Westminster Group 2 in 2013, and Group 3 in 2012 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 Best In Show at Progressive Club, AKC recognized BIS, counted as Group 1 by us. 222 GROUP FIRSTS 128 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 17 Specialty Best In Shows 18 Reserve Best In Shows
Classie does New York!:Classie takes New York by storm. Starts off on Friday by winning Best In Show at the Progressive Club (Toy Show, although recognized as regular BIS by AKC, we're not counting it). Then wins the Empire NY Min Pin Specialty Show on Saturday, takes Day Off on Sunday, and makes another splash on Monday at Westminster Show, by winning the Breed and a Toy Group 2nd!
Atlanta Shows 1/31 to 2/3/13:Classie is awarded 2 More Best In Shows, and 3 Group Firsts and 1 Group Second, and 1 Reserve Best In Show in Atlanta.
Ocala Shows 1/24 to 1/27:Classie gets back to back Best In Shows (that is 4 in a row), and 4 Group Firsts! and 2 Reserve Best In Shows.
Florida January 2013 Circuit:Classie makes her presence known yet again at the start of the show season, at the marathon of Florida January Circuit. Results of the first 10 Shows as follows: 2 All Breed Best In Shows 3 Reserve Best In Shows 8 Toy Group Firsts and a Group III Classie Show Record To Date: 57 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Second in 2012 & Group Fourth in 2011 211 GROUP FIRSTS 125 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 16 Specialty Best In Shows 14 Reserve Best In Shows
Other Marlex News:MARLEX N KISA SET FIRE ("Blaze") makes a spectacular ring debut at 6 Months 2 Days Old. He wins Winners Dog, Best Of Winners and Best Opposite over Specials for a Major at his first show! We have high hopes for this beautiful young puppy, bred by Armando, and Kim Byrd, owned and handled by Armando. Sired by Ch Altanero Barnstormer out of our Ch Sargon's Cash N Bold And Beautiful. "Ace" and "Brooke" have done it again, this being the repeat of Iceman, Splendor and Spitfire...and Blaze has 2 beautiful littermate brothers with Kim Byrd. GCH MARLEX N MARISOL BOLD MOVES ("Skeeter") starts off his Specials Career in high style with breeder-owner handler Melanie Hackett (cobred & owned by Armando). In a highly breed competition circuit of 4 shows in Michigan, Skeeter sweeps the Breed Win all 4 Days, also wins Owner Handler Best In Show, and Group 4. Woohoo Skeeter and Melanie! Not to be outdone, his littermate brother CH MARISOL N MARLEX BOLD BEGINNINGS ("Diego"), traveled to his new home in Argentina, and debuts at show in Chile by winning Best Of Breed at all 3 shows in both the Youth & Adult Competition, earning his Chilean Championship! Congrats to Silvia Tojo and entourage! And sister from earlier breeding, CH MARLEX KISA SPITFIRE, makes an show outing too with her owner handler Cathy Polmateer, with multiple breed wins. GCH MARLEX KISA WILDFIRE ("Fiona") is making a name for herself as a 2013 contender with new handler Erin Roberts, bred by Armando Angelbello and Kim Byrd (sired by Travis out of Marissa), owned by Joanne Wilds, Kim Noel, Dr. Dixon Lee,T and Armando. Started off by sweeping the Breed competition at Ohio shows and group placements! Go Fi! BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT: "Ace" and "Brooke" have done it again, by presenting Armando with a litter of 2 Girls on January 18th! CH MARLEX MISTER CHIPS is now the Sire of 30 Champions to date. Two of his kids, sired by Chip out of KK, bred by Marcia Tucker, finished their championship during the Florida January Circuit. Congratulations to Marcia, Joan Shaw and Ann Hearn on their kid's wins. With the addition of "Runner" owned and handled by Shelley Erdman, this is now an all-champion litter!
12/17/12:Classie does Eukanuba AKC National Championship in high style! She sweeps the breed competition at preceeding 3 shows and Eukanuba show, winning and placing in the Group everyday, with a Group First and three Group Seconds. What a Year, what a journey! Classie has taken us to unimaginable heights in dogdom, with wonderful support from Min Pin people, family, friends, judges, and the many fans and fanciers who have become our friends on account of Classie! A Dream In The Making, because we never dreamed this big. Apparently, Classie did! We'll see what she has in store for next year...till then, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Classie Show Record To Date: 55 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 203 GROUP FIRSTS 124 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 16 Specialty Best In Shows 11 Reserve Best In Shows
12/10/12:55th All-Breed Best In Show for Classie, at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Show on Saturday under Dr. Dale Simmons, and Reserve Best In Show on Sunday under Mr. William Cunningham. Another weekend of back to back Toy Group Firsts!
12/03/12:200th for Classie! Another major milestone for Classie as she wins her 200th Toy Group First at the Sunday, Yuma, AZ show under Judge Mr. Kenneth McDermott, as well as Groups 2,3 & 4. It was nice to visit the West, see old friends and meet new ones. Weather was great. Classie Show Record To Date: 54 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 200 GROUP FIRSTS 121 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 16 Specialty Best In Shows 10 Reserve Best In Shows
11/25/12:Classie wins BEST IN SHOW #54 in Ocala, Florida, under Judge Mrs. Carole Beattie, Group Judge Mr. Kilcullen. It was a weekend of back to back TOY GROUP FIRSTS, plust the BEST. Classie Show Record To Date: 54 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 199 GROUP FIRSTS 118 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 16 Specialty Best In Shows 10 Reserve Best In Shows
11/19/12:Classie wins BEST IN SHOW #53 in Ocala, Florida, under Judge Mr. William deVilleneuve. It was 4 shows, with results of 1 Best In Show, 2 Group Firsts, and 2 Group Seconds. Classie Show Record To Date: 53 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 197 GROUP FIRSTS 118 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 16 Specialty Best In Shows 10 Reserve Best In Shows
11/12/12:Classie wins BEST IN SHOW #52 in Winston-Salem, NC under Judge Mr. Norman Patton! The weekend started on Thursday & Friday in Alabama where Classie won Group 3 and Group 2. Then off to NC for Saturday and Sunday where she won the Toy Group both days and the Best In Show. In Michigan, "Skeeter" (Ch Marlex N Marisol Bold Moves) wins back-to-back Best Of Breeds, and his littermate brother "Diego" (Ch Marisol N Marlex Bold Beginnings) becomes a new champion at 9 months old, both owned and bred by Melanie Hackett and Armando Angelbello. Diego is our Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold ROM 38th Champion to date!... and an all-champion litter of 2 for first timer dam GCh Marlex Marisol. Woo hoo! In Maryland, "Posey" (Ch Marlex Kisa Spitfire) goes Best Of Breed for a competitive win! Congrats to the Polmateers (owners)!
10/27/12 through 11/4/12:We go on a long trip that takes us to Ohio, Indiana and Tennessee for 7 shows. Classie wins the Toy Group in 7 out of 7 shows! And tops it off by also winning BEST IN SHOWS #50 (Mrs. Charlotte Patterson) & #51 (Mrs. Gloria Geringer), plus 2 Reserve Best In Shows!
10/21/12:Classie goes to the large Atlanta shows, wins 2 GROUP FIRSTS, A Group Second and a Group Third. Classie Show Record To Date: 49 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 186 GROUP FIRSTS 114 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 16 Specialty Best In Shows 8 Reserve Best In Shows GCh Marlex KISA Wildfire fires up the Toy ring at Cumberland, MD shows this weekend. "Fiona" wins a TOY GROUP FIRST and a TOY GROUP SECOND, handled by Kim Byrd. Go Fi! and Congrats to Joanne Wilds, Kim Noel and Kim Byrd.
10/14/12:The Classie girl is on fire. At the 4 shows in Arcadia, FL this week, she wins BEST IN SHOW #49 and all 4 TOY GROUP FIRSTS. New Ch Marlex N Marisol Bold Moves - Skeeter finishes his championship UNDEFEATED, in 8 Shows at 8 Months Old! This moving fool with striking presence was bred by Melanie Hackett and Armando, owned & shown by Armando. Skeeter is sired by our Top Producer Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold (ROM with 37 Champions to date), and his dam is the Chip daughter Multi-BISS Ch Marlex Marisol. Photos of Skeeter on the move:
10/07/12:Classie wins big again, this time in North Augusta, SC. She goes BEST IN SHOW (#48) on Saturday, and Reserve Best In Show on Sunday. Classie Show Record To Date: 48 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 180 GROUP FIRSTS 112 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 16 Specialty Best In Shows 8 Reserve Best In Shows In Texas, our good friends Larry & Penny Dewey take the youngster "Iceman" (GCh KISA The Iceman Cometh V Marlex) to 2 shows and come home with a Group 2 and a Group 4. Way to go, congrats!
09/30/12:Classie wins back to back BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOWS at the Motor City Specialties in Monroe, MI. At the Saturday all-breed, Classie wins the breed again and a TOY GROUP FIRST. She's now up to 16 Best In Specialty wins! Classie Show Record To Date: 47 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 178 GROUP FIRSTS 112 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 16 Specialty Best In Shows 7 Reserve Best In Shows Congratulations to friends Marcia Tucker and Pat Prellwitz on back to back Best Of Breed wins for "Friday" (Ch Sunsprite Zeidgeist Castaway) to finish his championship. "Friday" is the littermate to our Ch Marlex Precious Chips (Jewel), and the 28th champion for our gone-but-not-forgotten Ch Marlex Mister Chips. The Dam is Pevenseys Alice owned by John Makos.
09/24/12:Classie wins back to back TOY GROUP FIRSTS at the two shows in Deland, FL. "Skeeter" (Marlex N Marisol Bold Moves) also wins the point both days, and Best of Winners, and Bred By Exhibitor TOY GROUP FIRST! To date, Skeeter is undefeated in the classes and just needs 1 point to finish!
09/17/12:MARLEX N MARISOL BOLD MOVES - "Skeeter" At 7 Months Old Debut (Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold X GCh Marlex Marisol) Bred By Melanie Hackett & Armando Angelbello. Owned by Armando Received Photos from "Skeeter" Majors Debut in NC:
09/16/12:"Classie" goes to 3 shows in Goodells, Michigan and wins Group First and two Group Seconds! We also got to see puppy MARISOL N MARLEX BOLD BEGINNINGS("Diego"), littermate to "Skeeter", bred by Melanie Hackett & Armando, Owned and Handled by Melanie. "Diego" took back to back WD & BOW for Majors, as well as Best Toy Puppy In Toy Show! Great job Melanie & Diego! Good News from other shows too: CONGRATULATIONS TO LARRY & PENNY DEWEY: KISA ICEMAN COMETH V MARLEX ("Iceman") wins the DALLAS MIN PIN SPECIALTY ON FRIDAY (retiring the Challenge Trophy), and goes on to BACK TO BACK TOY GROUP FIRSTS! The "Iceman" is hot! Kim Byrd and Armando as cobreeders are thrilled and so very happy for our friends Larry & Penny.
09/09/12:Historic day on Saturday, 9/8/12 for Classie! She breaks the 45 BIS Bitch record held for 36 years with her 46th Best In Show. Then on Sunday, she adds yet another Best In Show win, her 47th. It was quite an eventful 5 Days Of Shows in Biloxi, MS, coming home with 2 Best In Shows, 2 Reserve Best In Shows, 1 Best Toy In Show and 5 Group Firsts! Classie is currently the TOP WINNING MIN PIN BITCH OF ALL TIME! We are so proud and salute the previous recordholders "Impy" & Joe, as well as the overall record holder dog "Little Daddy" & Tipton. Thank you to Joe & Dorinne Waterman for their thoughtful and kind words upon hearing the news!
Classie Show Record To Date:47 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 174 GROUP FIRSTS 112 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 14 Specialty Best In Shows 7 Reserve Best In Shows A NOTABLE DEBUT: Our new puppy boy, MARLEX N MARISOL BOLD MOVES ("Skeeter") makes an impressive debut at 7 months old, undefeated in 5 Shows for the points, earning 12 points, including both Majors! Skeeter is a most promising puppy with attitude and movement galore, bred by Melanie Hackett & Armando Angelbello, Owned by Armando. Sired by Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold (ROM) out of GCH Marlex Marisol. Photos soon!
09/3/12:Classie wins 4 consecutive GROUP FIRSTS at the Raleigh, NC shows.
08/26/12:Classie wins BEST IN SHOW #45 in Atlanta with 2,100+ entry. This 45th BIS ties the 35 year old record set by Ch Jay-Mac's Impossible Dream ("Impy"), handled at the onset of her career by Dick Vaughn and then on to record setting illustrious career under the helm of the great Joe Waterman. Classie ended up the Atlanta weekend with a BIS, a RBIS, 2 Group Firsts, a Group Second & a Group Third.
Classie Show Record To Date:45 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 166 GROUP FIRSTS 112 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 14 Specialty Best In Shows 5 Reserve Best In Shows
08/20/12:Classie wins Back To Back BEST IN SHOWS in Marshfield, WI shows. That's numbers 43 & 44, what a 3 day weekend! So we flew back home with 2 BIS, 2 Group Firsts & one Group Second. Thrilled!
In Greensboro, NC, the lovely "Fiona" goes to two of the shows, winning the breed both days and a Group 4. Way to go "Fi", Joanne, Kim B. & Kim N.!
08/13/12:Classie wins Best In Show #42 and three Group Firsts in Wisconsin this weekend.
08/06/12:NEW VIDEO: Check out "Runner" at 8 months old, strutting his stuff in New Orleans this past weekend. Video by Shelley Erdman (thanks!).
08/06/12:Classie and half-sister Jewel did us proud at the Kenner, LA shows, land of Mardi Gras and great cajun/creole food!
08/03/12:NEW LITTER ARRIVED: A mighty Marlex/Kisa litter of 1 Black/Rust Girl, sired by Fiona's brother Ch KISA Duke Of Freedom V Marlex out of Classie's littermate sister Ch Marlex Classic Elegance.
07/23/12:Classie wins the Toy Group at the Sunday show in Rothschild, WI! A special one from breeder judge Ms. Madeline Miller.
07/16/12:New Litter Arrived! 3 Stag Red Boys (Ch Altanero Barnstormer X Ch Sargon's Cash N Bold And Beautiful) Bred by Armando Angelbello & Kim Byrd Repeat breeding of Iceman, Splendor & Spitfire
07/15/12:BEST IN SHOW #41 for Classie! Classie wins her 41st All-Breed Best In Show at West Palm Beach show, with back to back TOY GROUP FIRSTS as well! Another special one with the homecrowd cheering her on!  : Classie Show Record To Date: 41 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 155 GROUP FIRSTS 108 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 14 Specialty Best In Shows
07/08/12:Classie does Dallas! Classie travels to Dallas, TX shows. Starts off by winning her 14th Best In Specialty Show at the Dallas Min Pin Specialty. Then proceeded to win the Breed and TOY GROUP FIRST at the 3 consecutive all-breed shows, plus Reserve BIS at 2 of the shows. It was nice to see the TX folks & min pins, and particularly had great outings (and food!) with the Erdman's, Dewey's & Baker's! Special wins too from breeder judges David & Sharon Krogh.  :
07/02/12:BEST IN SHOW #40 FOR CLASSIE! Classie wins her 40th ALL-BREED BEST IN SHOW on Saturday in Virginia. A great weekend of a BIS, a Group First, and 3 Group Seconds. Added benefit was to see good friends there, and our Marlex Kisa girls Fiona, Posey and Marissa! Of special note is Marissa getting back to back qualifying Rally scores with Joanne Wilds at the helm. Congrats, and she's now qualified for MPCA Triple Crown winner!  :
06/24/12:A Good Weekend in Cambridge, MN! Classie wins her 13th Best In Specialty Show at the Greater Twin Cities Min Pin Specialty Show, and also a GROUP FIRST, AND TWO GROUP SECONDS. It was a nice visit to the Midwest where we saw old friends and made new ones. The weather was certainly better than the constant rain experienced in Florida this week.  : Fiona GCH MARLEX KISA WILDFIRE went to the Richmond, VA shows this weekend, won the Breed both days and a GROUP SECOND! Way to go Fiona and Kim Byrd, cheered by owners Joanne Wilds and Kim Noel! The baby champ, Ch Marlex Kisa Spitfire (Posey) got Select, including a major select, shown by owner Cathy Polmateer. Congrats! Marissa GCH Marlex Brings The Heat, owned by Armando, Kim B & Joanne, passes her Canine Good Citizen test and completes 3 Titles in 3 different venues to become the first Marlex related kid to qualify for the MPCA Triple Crown Award, piloted by Joanne! Very proud.
06/17/12:WHAT A SHOW WEEKEND! Classie BEST IN SHOW #39 and back-to-back GROUP FIRSTS, at the St. Petersburg DFA Shows in Florida.  : Runner now CH SUNSPRITE MARLEX RUM RUNNER, earns his championship on Saturday, finishing at 6 Mos 2 Weeks Old in 6 Shows, including 4 Majors! This elegant, moving fool was barely trained but knew how to strut in that ring! Bred by Marcia Tucker, sired by Ch Marlex Mister Chips out of Sunsprite Klassy Kaos Of Jalwin, and owned by Armando. Splendy now CH MARLEX KISA SPLENDOR, also finishes her championship on Saturday by capturing yet another Major (her 3rd) at 8 months old. This high stepper with impeccable carriage, had not been shown since the week she got 6 consecutive wins about a month ago, so finishes in grand style. Splendy, Posey & Iceman are littermates from all-champion litter, all finishing by 8 months old, sired by Ch Altanero Barnstormer out of our girl Ch Sargon's Cash N Bold And Beautiful, litter bred by Armando, and Kim Byrd. It was also an eventful weekend for Ch "Iceman" who won Gr 4 & Gr 2 respectively in Arkansas, handled by owners Larry & Penny Dewey. Of note too... Congrats to Marcia Tucker & Pat Prellwitz for the Sunday major on the Chip X Alice puppy "Friday" on his debut weekend! His littersister "Jewel" is at Marlex, soon to finish. And congrats to Joan Shaw & Marcia who took a major with Runner's litterbrother "Buster" in NY by going Best of Breed over specials on Sunday. Classie #1 MIN PIN, #1 Toy & #5 Dog of All-Breeds in 2012 through 4/30/12
06/11/12:Another Spectacular Weekend for the Marlex (and related) Kids: We moved on to Lake Charles, LA shows, with great results. "Classie" does her thing by winning the Breed everyday, 2 GROUP FIRSTS and a GROUP SECOND. Runner SUNSPRITE MARLEX RUM RUNNER, bred by Marcia Tucker and owned by Armando, wins 3 Majors from the 6-9 Mos Class. Now sitting at 12 Points and he's only 6 Months and 12 Days old! Special Thanks to Shelley Erdman for taking Runner back in after Winners to get the three Best of Winners awards. Jewel MARLEX PRECIOUS CHIPS, wins a 4 point Major, also from the 6-9 mos class. She is also sitting at 12 point with both Majors and she's a week shy of 7 months old. "Iceman" KISA ICEMAN COMETH V MARLEX, wins a 4 point Major to finish his championship, is moved up the next day and goes BOS to Classie, over male specials. Congrats to Larry & Penny Dewey, and cobreeder Kim Byrd. OVERSEAS NEWS! Congrats & thanks to Carlos Guerrero Estevez and Laura Estevez! Our "Marvin" (Ch Lulin Let's Get It On At Marlex), 2011 MPCA National's Futurity Winner, Best In Jr Sweeps and AOM, travels to the Dominican Republic under the care of friends Laura & Carlos.. Marvin attends his first FCI Shows this past weekend and is awarded dual championship by winning back to back GROUP FIRSTS, Select of Best In Show and Reserve of Best In Show, handled by Carlos! Breeders Luis & Linda Johnson-Colarte and I are thrilled. In Virginia, puppy special "Posey" (Ch Marlex Kisa Spitfire) wins yet another Best of Breed, handled by owner Cathy Polmateer. Congrats Cathy and Tom! Classie Show Record To Date: 38 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 146 GROUP FIRSTS 103 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 12 Specialty Best In Shows
06/04/12:At the 4 Biloxi, MS shows, Classie wins 3 Group Firsts and a Group Second. Along for the show ride came the 6 month old pups Jewel (Marlex Precious Chips) and Runner (Sunsprite Marlex Rum Runner): "Jewel" wins Winners Bitch at all 4 shows, single points. "Runner" was entered at 2 of the shows and won Winners Dog & BOW both days for single points too. In Virginia, puppy "Posey" (Ch Marlex Kisa Spitfire) makes her debut in the specials ring with owner Cathy Polmateer (cheered by Tom) and wins Best of Breed. Congrats Cathy & Tom! Also in Virginia, a first by a Marlex Min Pin in a non-conformation event. Proud to announce that GCh Marlex Brings The Heat, "Marissa", (cobred & coowned with Kim Byrd) earned her Rally Novice Title, piloted by the very talented and patient friend Joanne Wilds-Snell. Hats Off to Marissa and Joanne!!!!!! Classie Show Record To Date: 38 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 144 GROUP FIRSTS 102 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 12 Specialty Best In Shows
05/27/12:Classie wins BIS #38 under Judge Joseph Gregory in Fort Myers, FL. It was also a back to back Group Firsts for the Classie girl! In Virginia, "Fiona" (GCH Marlex Kisa Wildfire) wins consecutive Group Placements with cobreeder Kim Byrd at the helm, and cheered by owners Joanne Wilds & Kim Noel. Congrats!
05/20/12:And from Perry we moved on to Jackson, TN shows. Classie wins BEST IN SHOW #37 under Judge Michele Billings, and 3 more GROUP FIRSTS. We also had great success with the class girls: "Splendy" (Marlex Kisa Splendor) wins back-to-back 4 Point Majors, with 6 consecutive wins getting to 14 Points. Only needs 1 single to finish. "Jewel" (Marlex Precious Chips) makes her ring debut at 6 months old to capture a 4 Point Major too!
05/13/12:Yet Another Great Weekend, this time 4 Shows in Perry, Georgia! Classie wins BEST IN SHOW #36, three Group Firsts and a Group Fourth. Splendy (Marlex Kisa Splendor), not to be outdone by her litter mates Iceman and Spitfire, hits the ring and wins Winners Bitch at the 4 Shows in Perry! Thanks to Terrie and Jerry Crawford for all their help this weekend! 05/07/12: WHAT A WEEKEND! *** Classie wins BEST IN SHOW #35 and back to back Group Firsts in Georgia *** Puppy bitch "Spitfire" is a new champ *** Puppy "Iceman" wins both days in Texas! New Ch Marlex Kisa Spitfire (Posey) earns her championship having just turned 8 months old, with 3 Majors and Best In Sweepstakes under her belt. Her owners Tom and Cathy Polmateer are elated, and so are we (Kim Byrd and I) as breeders. Posey is off to her new show home with the Polmateers! Congrats. In Texas, Posey's brother, KISA The Iceman Cometh V Marlex (Iceman), wins the Breed over Specials on Saturday and Winners Dog and Best of Winners on Sunday for owners Larry & Penny Dewey, in his first outing since the Nationals week (where he was Best In Futurity, Winners Dog, Best of Winners and Best Puppy). Way to go, congrats. Next up from this litter is the puppy bitch Marlex Kisa Splendor (Splendy). Classie Show Record To Date: 35 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 133 GROUP FIRSTS 101 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 12 Specialty Best In Shows 04/29/12: Classie wins BEST IN SHOW #34 and back to back Group Firsts, at Myrtle Beach KC, Florence, SC. Puppy Marlex Kisa Spitfire , (Posey), also wins back to back 3 Point Majors at the same show having just turned 8 months old, and now needs 1 point to finish for owners Thomas & Cathy Polmateer, bred by Armando, and Kim Byrd. woohoo! Classie Show Record To Date: 34 All-Breed Best In Shows MPCA National Specialty Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner in 2012 and 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice in 2012 and 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 131 GROUP FIRSTS 101 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 12 Specialty Best In Shows Congratulations to Luis Daniel Lopez of Socapias Min Pins in Spain on new Portugal Champion Marlex Lulin Marbella this past weekend! Felicidades! 04/24/12: New Videos of the 2012 Pups Here At Home: Marlex Kisa Spitfire , "Posey", Iceman's littermate little sister, now owned by Thomas & Cathy Polmateer and Armando, won BEST IN SWEEPSTAKES at the Phoenix Min Pin Specialty. In just a few shows, Posey is already more than half way to her championship, including a 4 Point Major Win! The other littermate, Marlex Kisa Splendor "Splendy" could not make the trip to Arizona, but also pointed in just a few showings. We also got to see quite a few of our kids in Arizona, including "Fiona" (GCH Marlex Kisa Wildfire) who got AOM's and Select at Phoenix Specialty and Arizona Toy Show with one-armed Kim Byrd at the helm for Joanne Wilds & Kim Noel. Also there to just visit, with the candid photographer extraordinaire Shelley Erdman (and husband Alan) were Charlie & BeBe. It was great to see them all again! They never forget. The Phoenix Group put on a fantastic National week for all dogs and exhibitors at a wonderful hotel and show venue. Hats off for a great job and hospitality! 03/26/12: Classie Reigns In Louisville and Raleigh Set Of Shows! BEST IN SHOW at largest show of the year, in Louisville, KY, plus 2 Group Firsts, a Group Third and a Group Fourth. On to Raleigh, NC where Classie is awarded 2 Group Firsts, a Group Second, and 2 Group Thirds. Classie's Show Record at 31 Months Old: 32 All-Breed Best In Shows National Specialty MPCA Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 124 GROUP FIRSTS 98 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 11 Specialty Best In Shows 03/11/12: WHAT A WEEKEND WITH CLASSIE & THE NEW PUPS! Classie wins Back To Back Best In Shows and Toy Club Best In Show at Palm Beach shows. Classie's Show Record at 31 Months Old: 31 All-Breed Best In Shows National Specialty MPCA Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 120 GROUP FIRSTS 93 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 11 Specialty Best In Shows Marlex Kisa Spitfire made her ring debut on Friday at 6 mos and 5 days old at the Toy Show, going Winners Bitch! Then on Saturday, she not only goes Winners Bitch and Best of Winners, but goes on to earn a Puppy Group 2. Batting 1000 so far! Marlex Kisa Splendor not to be outdone by her littermate sister, gets shown on Sunday and goes Winners Bitch, Best of Winners and Bred By Group 2! She's also batting 1000 so far! And far away in the big state of Texas, their littermate brother, KISA Iceman Cometh V Marlex, wins his first points as well for owners Larry & Penny Dewey! This Ace X Brooke litter bred by Armando (Marlex) and Kim Byrd (KISA) is off to a great start and we couldn't be happier! 03/04/12: Classie makes a very wet (rainy) appearance at the Hilton Head, SC shows and proves that she is a tough girl and that no rain would keep her from bringing home Back To Back Group Firsts! 02/27/12: At Tallahassee Shows, Classie is awarded 2 Group Firsts and a Group Second. Another great weekend for our girl! Classie's Show Record at 31 Months Old: 29 All-Breed Best In Shows National Specialty MPCA Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 Winner 2011 MPCA Top 20 People's Choice 2011 AKC/Eukanuba Breed Winner & Toy Group Fourth 115 GROUP FIRSTS 93 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 11 Specialty Best In Shows Marlex Kisa Splendor made her ring debut on Sunday, the day she turned 6 Months Old, and is awarded Winners Bitch! Bred by Armando, & Kim Byrd, owned by Armando. We are delighted! 02/21/12: Classie goes to Lakeland, FL shows and comes home with 2 Group Firsts, 1 Group Second and 1 Group Third! Woohoo. 02/15/12: Classie DOES NEW YORK IN GRAND STYLE, 3 FOR 3! FRIDAY at the Progressive Toy Show, she wins a Group Second behind the peke "Malachy" at this large and very prestigious toy show, in keen competition. SATURDAY at the Empire Min Pin Specialty of Grtr New York, Classie reigns again by winning Best In Specialty Show. SATURDAY EVENING: My daughter Lisa and I attended the Dogs In Review Annual "Winkie" Awards Banquet Gala, where winners (dogs and people) are recognized in the various categories. Armando had been nominated for "Owner Handler Of The Year", which was quite an honor. At the Banquet, Armando was announced as the Owner Handler Of The Year and presented with the "Winkie". It was exciting and humbling recognition to say the least. On Sunday, we took day off and went sightseeing with our grown children Alex and Lisa. MONDAY, it was WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB time. Early morning, Miss Classie did her thing in the Breed Ring and was awarded BEST OF BREED. Then in the evening, it was lights, cameras, action and huge crowds in the main arena at Madison Square Garden for Group Time! Classie is awarded a TOY GROUP THIRD , a fantastic placement, and long overdue for our breed as it had been almost 20 years that a Min Pin placed at Westminster ("Buckskin Gal" in 1992). A fantastic time in the Big Apple for all of us!
"Cash" (CH MARLEX LULIN CASH MY CHIPS), owner-handled by newcomer Shelley Erdman, wins a competitive Best of Breed in Wichita, Kansas. Congrats Shelley! We extend congrats to another Min Pin Best In Show winner on Sunday in Arizona, "Max", owner-handled by Gary Wittmeier, owner Mary Hendricks and breeder Wendy Boyette. Congrats to all! 09/25/11: A WEEKEND OF BACK TO BACK BEST IN SHOW WINS, #17 & #18!!! "Classie" shines in her homestate of Florida by winning back to back Best In Shows with over 1,400 entries each day. On Saturday, BIS blessed for the 2nd time by Judge Mrs. Robert S. Forsyth, and on Sunday by Judge Ms. Carol Duffy. Classie's family team was there to root her on... Leah, Carole Ann, Izzy, JD, and friends. Classie's Show Record at 26 Months Old: 18 All-Breed Best In Shows Best In MPCA National Specialty Show MPCA Top 20 Winner MPCA Top 20 People's Choice 77 GROUP FIRSTS 75 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 9 Specialty Best In Shows At the same shows, Classie's younger siblings, shown by Carole Ann, made themselves noticed as well in the classes. Little sister Classic Marlex Fruit Smoothie ("Kiwi) won back to back Best of Winners 4 point majors to finish her championship and BBE Group 2. Little brother Classic Marlex Miracle Chip ("Inch")won the 4 point Major on Sunday, and Reserve Winners to friend Lonnie Phillips' boy "Sinner" on Saturday. Of particular note, their dam, Ch Lulin Banana Smoothie becomes an MPCA Hall Of Fame top producing bitch with 8 champions to date. Their sire, Ch Marlex Mister Chips, who is already a HOF top producer, has now sired 22 Champions to date, with 3 more Chip X Smoothie pups on their way to their championship. Ace X Brooke Pups at 4 weeks old, photos by Kim: 09/18/11: BEST IN SHOW #16, under judge Mr. Edd E. Bivin!!! CLASSIE goes to Pinehurst, NC shows over the weekend, and gets the highest recognition on Sunday under noted judge Mr. Edd Bivin after winning the Group under Mr. Jim Reynolds! That we're elated is an understatement. On Saturday, she was awarded Group 3 under Desi Murphy. Classie's Show Record at 26 Months Old: 16 All-Breed Best In Shows Best In MPCA National Specialty Show MPCA Top 20 Winner MPCA Top 20 People's Choice 75 GROUP FIRSTS 75 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 9 Specialty Best In Shows Meanwhile, in Dallas, Texas, Classie's baby brother "Red" (Ch Marlex Classic Red Run), bred by Carole Mohr-Rio and Armando, owned by Larry & Penny Dewey, sweeps the competition every day, ending with: - Back to Back Best In Specialty Show at both Dallas Min Pin Club Specialties. - Best of Breed at the 2 All-Breed Shows and a Group 4. Go Red, Go Red... Big congrats to Larry & Penny! 09/05/11: BEST IN SHOW #15, under breeder-judge Ms. Christine Salyers Anderson CLASSIE is tearing them up in Lexington, KY shows, winning 4 consecutive highly competitive GROUP FIRSTS, a GROUP SECOND and a BEST IN SHOW! She was in tune with the weather at these shows, HOT! Classie's Show Record at 26 Months Old: 15 All-Breed Best In Shows Best In MPCA National Specialty Show MPCA Top 20 Winner MPCA Top 20 People's Choice 74 GROUP FIRSTS 74 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 9 Specialty Best In Shows In Raleigh, NC...our cobred littermates with Kim Byrd also sweep the min pin breed competition. FIONA (CH MARLEX KISA WILDFIRE) takes 3 Breeds, a Group 3 and Group 4! Brother BRUNO (KISA DUKE OF FREEDOM V MARLEX) won the points (including 3 majors) all 4 days, including one Breed over Specials to finish his championship. He becomes the 36th Champion for their sire, our boy "Travis" Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold! Way to go Kim Byrd, Joanne Wilds and Kim Noel! 09/01/11: CLASSIE wins BEST IN SHOW #15 at Lexington, KY Show, under breeder-judge Ms. Christine Salyers Anderson. 08/28/11: CLASSIE goes to the huge and highly competitive Atlanta Shows and shines amongst the very best in Toy Competition. Wins 2 GROUP FIRSTS, 1 Group Second and 1 Group Third. Girl done good yet again! Her 70th Toy Group Win, and 14 Best In Shows at 25 Months Old! 08/14/11: Classie continues to be #1 Min Pin All Systems, and #4 Toy in America as of 7/31/11! In last 2 weekends, Classie went to Roanoke, VA and Greensboro, NC shows, garnering a Group 1st, 4 Group 2's, a Group 3 and Group 4. Ch Marlex Kisa Wildfire Fiona is awarded back to back Best of Breed wins in North Carolina! Congrats to Kim N. & Joanne, and cobreeder handler Kim B! While Classie was out of state competing, her siblings made quite a showing at the Toy Dog Club Shows in Orlando, FL. On Saturday, baby sister "Kiwi" (Classic Marlex Fruit Smoothie) goes Winners Bitch, and littermate "Julio" (Ch Classic Marlex Handsome Julio) takes the Breed. Then on Sunday, it was baby sister "Kiwi" commanding the rings, going Best of Breed, Toy Group 2 and Puppy Toy Group 1 from the puppy classes, handled alternatively by mother and daughter team of Carole and Isabella Rio. Congrats! Ch Marlex Lulin Cash My Chips "Cash", having recently finished his championship from the puppy class, owner handled by newcomer Shelley Erdman, makes an outing in the Midwest as a Special and goes BOS and Select respectively, on his way to Grand Championship. 08/01/11: Classie is awarded BEST IN SHOW #14 and 3 Group Firsts in Marion, OH, preceeded by two Group Seconds in Bloomsburg, PA. Ch Marlex Kisa Wildfire Fiona wins the Breed all 3 days in Greenville, SC and Group 3! Congrats to cobreeder handler Kim Byrd (KISA) and owners Kim Noel & Joanne Wilds! Fiona finished her championship in grand style by going Best of Winners at National Specialty with multiple recognition. 07/24/11: While "Classie" had the weekend off, her younger brother was in the ring: Red Ch Marlex Classic Red Rum wins Best In Sweepstakes and Best In Specialty Show at the Greater Houston Min Pin Club Specialty on Thursday, and goes on to win the Breed at the all-breed shows on Friday & Saturday. Red, Classie's baby brother, just finished from the Puppy Class, always handled by Larry Dewey. Bred by Carole Mohr-Rio and Armando. Congratulations Larry & Penny! Another BISS kid for the killer combination of Chip X Smoothie. Cash finished his championship on July 3rd as previously reported. Cash is owner handler Shelley Erdman's first champion. Do you think she was ecstatic on finishing her first champ? See photo below: 07/17/11: Classie , after going Group 3rd on Saturday, moved up to be awarded her 13th Best In Show on Sunday at West Palm Beach show, under Judge Mr. Jim Reynolds. On hand to cheer her on was the Monte Family and many friends. Never gets old and every single one of the BIS to date is greatly cherished. Classie's Show Record: 13 All-Breed Best In Shows 9 Specialty Best In Shows Best In MPCA National Specialty Show MPCA Top 20 Winner MPCA Top 20 People's Choice 64 GROUP FIRSTS 63 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS Photos from Orlando back-to-back Best In Shows: 07/10/11: Classie goes to 4 Maryland shows and comes home with another Group First, a Group 2 and two Group 4's. New Ch Marlex Classic Red Rum "Red" wins Winners Dog, Best of Winners, and Best Opposite over Special to finish his championship in Dallas, TX. Proudly owned and handled by Larry & Penny Dewey, bred by Carole Rio and Armando. Way to go Larry & Penny! "Red" becomes the 21st champion for his sire "Chip", and the 7th champion for his dam "Smoothie". Four more (from this repeat breeding of Classie) on their way to championship, all pointed. 07/03/11: No shows this holiday weekend for us. Family and play time! New CH Marlex Lulin Cash My Chips "Cash" finished his championship in grand style with his 3rd Major from the puppy class, owner handled by Shelley Erdman. Way to go Shelley & Cash, so proud of your accomplishments and first champ. Of special note is that "Cash" is our Chip's 20th Champion, so he gets inducted in the MPCA Hall Of Fame Sire. woohoo! 06/26/11: Classie does it again!! Back To Back BEST IN SHOWS at Orlando, FL shows on June 25th & 26th, under Judges Dr. Wanda Spediacci and Mrs. Stephanie Hedgepath. What can we say! And the Good Weekend News did not stop there for our bred and co-bred kids: Ch Marlex Kisa Wildfire Fiona finished in grand style at Virginia show this weekend, handled by co-breeder Kim Byrd for owners Kim Noel & Joanne Wilds-Snell. The mighty beautiful Fiona finished undefeated since going Winners Bitch & Best of Winners at the MPCA National Specialty. A very promising puppy bitch! Congrats ladies! "Fiona" is the 36th Champion sired by our MPCA Hall of Fame Sire Travis . Ch Marlex Midnight Sparkle Shown sparingly, Sparkle finished in Orlando this weekend with her 3rd Major. This high stepping b/r gal makes up yet another all-champion litter for the Chip X Lilo breeding who produced 11 champions for us, including top winners. Sparkle is Chip's 19th champion kid, one more and Chip will be in the MPCA Hall Of Fame Sire. The dam "Lilo" is already in the Hall Of Fame, now with 11 champions. GCH Marlex Black Diamond Diamond wins the breed in good entry at the Sunday, Clackamas, OR show, and also attains her Grand Championship the same weekend! Congrats to owner handler Lisa Uhacz, way to go! Am/Can Ch Marlex Alegria Gia wins a Group Third and Group First at weekend shows in Canada, handled by owner Jamie Maxwell. Congrats! Last but not least, also at Orlando shows, Classie's baby siblings, cobred with Carole Ann Rio, and owned/shown by Carole Ann win 3 Majors! The boy CLASSIC MARLEX MIRACLE BOY makes his debut on Sunday and wins a 3 Point Major! The girl CLASSIC MARLEX IN RED (MPCA BOS Futurity) wins a 3 Point Major on Friday, and the girl CLASSIC MARLEX FRUIT SMOOTHIE wins a 3 Point Major on Sunday! Congrats Carole Ann! These 3, plus littermates "Red" (with Larry Dewey) and "Ollie" (being shown by Melanie Hackett) should make another all-champion litter for Chip X Smoothie. Smoothie (Ch Lulin Banana Smoothie), bred by Luis & Linda Colarte, already an MPCA Honor Roll dam, soon to be MPCA Hall of Fame dam. Congrats to Luis & Linda & Carole Ann! Congratulations to "Max" and owner handler Gary, other owners, and breeder Wendy, on another Best In Show for Max, this past Saturday. 06/19/11: Classie Back To Back BEST IN SHOWS at Palmetto, FL shows on June 18th & 19th, under Judges Mr. Frank Sabella and Mrs. Dorothy Dalton. Quite a feat for our Classie girl! It was an electrifying performance by our Classie girl on Saturday when Judge Sabella, after examining all BIS hopefuls, asked me to take her to the middle of the ring and let her pose on her own. And pose she did, in a manner that demanded attention and cheers from the crowd. The judge grinned, marked his book and called for the Min Pin to take the Big Ribbon. Vincent from Dog Post Daily captured the moment in candid photos below. It was more of the same the next day under Mrs. Dalton. Quite a father's day present. Classie's Show Record: 10 All-Breed Best In Shows 9 Specialty Best In Shows Best In MPCA National Specialty Show MPCA Top 20 Winner MPCA Top 20 People's Choice 60 GROUP FIRSTS 59 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS It was also a successful weekend for other Marlex pups elsewhere: Marlex Lulin Cash My Chips earns a 3 point Major by going Winners Dog and Best of Winners, owner-handled by Shelley Erdman. This is the 2nd Major for "Cash", bred by Marlex & Lulin. Congrats Shelley! Marlex Classic Red Rum wins a 3 point Major, going Winners Dog & Best of Winners, owner-handled by Larry & Penny Dewey. "Red" was bred by Classic & Marlex. Congrats Larry & Penny! Ch Marlex Alegria wins another Toy Group in Canada, owner-handled by Jamie Maxwell. Way to go Jamie and "Gia". 06/05/11: Classie returns to the ring after a two week vacation, and is awarded back-to-back-to back Group Firsts and Group Third in Biloxi, MS. That was a group winning streak of 13 consecutive Group Firsts! Classie's Show Record: 8 All-Breed Best In Shows 9 Specialty Best In Shows Best In MPCA National Specialty Show MPCA Top 20 Winner MPCA Top 20 People's Choice 58 GROUP FIRSTS 59 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 05/30/11: While "Classie" is enjoying two weekends of play at home, her close relatives are carrying on with some nice winning: Marlex Kisa Wildfire "Fiona" hits the show ring for the first time since her impressive showing at MPCA National, winning Best of Winners, Winners Bitch, Best Bred By Exhibitor and BOS In Puppy Sweepstakes. This weekend, shown by cobreeder Kim Byrd, puppy Fiona goes Winners Bitch for 4 consecutive days, AND ends it with Best of Breed and Group 4 from the classes. Also shown by Kim, Fiona's littermate "Bruno" (Kisa Duke Of Freedom V Marlex) gets Winners recognition as well multiple days. Congrats as well on "Cody" (Ch Altanero Code Red) three out of three Breed wins and a Group 4 too! "Fiona", bred by Marlex and KISA, making a name for herself for new owners Kim Noel, Joanne Wilds & Armando, handled by cobreeder Kim Byrd, some photos below: GCH Marlex Marisol "Marcie" has two great weekends of showing with her owner Melanie Hackett, picking up 4 Best of Breed Wins! And Melanie is also showing Classie's younger brother "Oliver" (Classic Marlex Pass The Chips) for Carole Ann Rio with great success this weekend in winning the points 3 days, including Best of Breed over Specials. Way to go Melanie! 05/6 to 5/15/11: WHAT A WINNING TRIP TO THE NATIONAL!!! Classie GCH MARLEX CLASSIC RED GLARE (Ch Marlex Mister Chips X Ch Lulin Banana Smoothie) is crowned National Specialty Winner, Dual Top 20 Winner (Judges & People's Choice), Twin Cities Specialty Winner, 3 Group Firsts and ends the trip with All-Breed Best In Show on Sunday. A week to remember!!! Leah, Carole Ann and I are in awe of this classy girl. Marvin Ch LULIN LET'S GET IT ON AT MARLEX (Ch Marlex Mister Chips X Ch Lulin Dancing In The Wind) wins Best In Futurity, Best In Junior Sweepstakes, and Award of Merit at National Specialty and Twin Cities Specialty. Bred by Luis & Linda Colarte, owned by Brenda & Charlie Kidd, and on this occasion shown by Armando, Luis, and Pam Dziuk. The boy made his presence known and noticed! Congrats to Brenda & Charlie and Luis & Linda... it was a pleasure to show him there! Fiona MARLEX KISA WILDFIRE (Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold X Ch Marlex Brings The Heat) crushed the competition of class dogs and class bitches at the National Specialty, going Best of Winners, Winners Bitch and Best Bred By Exhibitor. Also won Best of Opposite in Puppy Sweepstakes. Cobred with Kim Byrd... we are Over The Moon with this sweet and showy girl! Bebe MARLEX LULIN BET ON BEAUTY (Ch Marlex Mister Chips X Ch Sargon's Cash N Bold And Beautiful) puts on a show at the Twin Cities Specialty and struts away with wins of Best of Winners and Winners Bitch! Cash MARLEX LULIN CASH MY CHIPS (Ch Marlex Mister Chips X Ch Sargon's Cash N Bold And Beautiful) wins Best of Winners & Winners Dog both days at Wisconsin shows preceeding the National, and places at Twin Cities Specialty Puppy Sweepstakes. His new momma Shelley Erdman was there to see it and take this high stepping wild boy to his new hometown of Oklahoma City! Chip CH MARLEX MISTER CHIPS makes a triumphant dual appearance at the National to let his kids know he's still got it, in spades! Chip made an exhibition appearance at the Top 20 Event as Past Top 20 Winner and he was in his element, showing off to the crowd. Chip competed in the Stud Dog Class and he walked away with Best Stud Dog, 1st Place! One of his very special "girlfriends", CH LULIN BANANA SMOOTHIE (Smoothie), also competed in the Brood Bitch Class shown by her owner Carole Ann Rio with the Chip X Smoothie kids and she too walked away with Best Brood Bitch, 1st Place! That's Classie's mom and dad! Red MARLEX CLASSIC RED RUM (Ch Marlex Mister Chips X Ch Lulin Banana Smoothie), owned by Larry & Penny Dewey makes his mark at Twin Cities Specialty by going Reserve Winners Dog from the 6-9 Puppy Class, and goes on to place at National Specialty Sweepstakes and Regular Classes. His littermate sister "Heidi" (Classic Marlex In Red) is awarded Best of Opposite in Futurity with owner Carole Ann Rio handling. The other littermate "Oliver" (Classic Marlex Pass The Chips), owned by Carole Ann and handled by Melanie Hackett places in every puppy class at the National and Twin Cities Specialty. These 3 cobred with Carole Ann Rio, the repeat breeding of Classie. Also thrilled to see there, the "Marcie" girl, CH MARLEX MARISOL, owned and handled by Melanie, and "Marissa" CH MARLEX BRINGS THE HEAT, coowned with Kim Byrd and handled by Joanne Wilds, and Fiona's littermate brother KISA DUKE OF FREEDOM V MARLEX owned by Kim Byrd and Bill Youmans. Here are some of the other photos received to date from a Wonderful Week!: Much gratitude to the judges: Mrs. Charlotte Patterson (National Specialty), Ms. Beverly Capstick, Ms. Paulann Phelan & Sandee White (Top 20), Mr. Michael Dachel (Twin Cities Specialty), Mrs. Janis Mercer (Futurity), Mrs. Gretchen Hofheins-Wackerfuss (Sweepstakes), Mr. Johan Becerra-Hernandez, Mrs. Ann Hearn (Group Firsts in WI) and Mrs. Janis Mercer (Group First & Best In Show in IA). 05/01/11: Classie does it yet again... 2 more back to back Group Firsts! This time at Vero Beach, FL shows. That's 7 consecutive Group Firsts. Although there were no points in the classes, on Saturday also showed puppy bitch Marlex Lulin Bet On Beauty (Bebe) and she won Puppy Group 3rd. Clasie's Show Record: 7 All-Breed Best In Shows 7 Specialty Best In Shows 52 GROUP FIRSTS 58 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS GCh Marlex Marisol wins the Breed and Toy Group 4 in Michigan, handled by her owner/handler and loving mom Melanie Hackett. Congratulations to Melanie and Marcie, way to go! Sunday, 04/24/11: Classie Another Milestone in Classie's show career...50th Toy Group First today, a fine culmination of a great Easter Weekend with BEST IN SHOW #7 and back to back Group Firsts. And littermate pups Cash (Marlex Lulin Cash My Chips) & BeBe (Marlex Lulin Bet On Beauty) both win the points today, and this was BeBe's ring debut. Thanks to Carole Ann and Leah for taking them both back in for breed competition. "Cash" is owned by Shelley Erdman, bred by Marlex & Lulin. Congrats Shelley! Clasie's Show Record at 21 Months of Age: 7 All-Breed Best In Shows 7 Specialty Best In Shows 50 GROUP FIRSTS 58 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS Saturday, 04/23/11: Classie BEST IN SHOW #7 today at the Zolfo Springs, FL show under Judge Mr. Eugene Blake! We're over the moon, and Leah, Carole Ann & Isabella got to see Classie do her thing in 91 degree heat! Her Show Record at 21 Months of Age: 7 All-Breed Best In Shows 7 Specialty Best In Shows 49 GROUP FIRSTS 58 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 04/10/11: Classie Does IT again, another BEST IN SHOW, #6, under Judge Mr. George Marquis, with back to back Group Firsts in Elkton, Florida shows. Leah was there to see it this time and got to be in the BIS photo: Her Show Record at 20 Months of Age: 6 All-Breed Best In Shows 7 Specialty Best In Shows 48 GROUP FIRSTS 58 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS And In The Great State of Texas, San Jacinto Shows: MARLEX CLASSIC RED RUM "Red" wins the points both days, shown by owner Larry & Penny Dewey. Red is now 4 for 4! Updated Videos of: Classie Wins BEST IN SHOW #5 under none other than Judge Mrs. Jane Forsyth, a legend in the Dogdom Show world. A Great winning weekend that also included Group 1 from breeder-judge Mrs. Sharon Krogh and Group 1 from judge Mr. William Cunningham, and Group 2 under Mr. Bassett. We couldn't be happier! Her Show Record at 20 Months of Age: 5 All-Breed Best In Shows 7 Specialty Best In Shows 46 GROUP FIRSTS 58 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 04/06/11: THE GIRLS...SOON TO DEBUT! Click on Name to see new photos MARLEX LULIN BET ON BEAUTY (Ch Marlex Mister Chips X Ch Sargon's Cash N Bold And Beautiful). "Bebe" is Cash's sister, photos at 7 Months Old
MARLEX KISA WILDFIRE (Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold X Ch Marlex Brings The Heat) "Fiona" at 7 Months Old.03/27/11: WHAT A WEEK OF SHOW RESULTS! In Raleigh, NC Shows: Classie wins the Breed everyday, plus Group 3, Group 4, Group 2 and Group 2 in very keen toy group competition! MARLEX LULIN CASH MY CHIPS "Cash" makes quite a ring debut at 6 months old in Raleigh. He is shown 3 times and wins the points the 3 times, including a Major! New owner Shelley Erdman is elated, and so are we his breeders Armando and Luis & Linda Colarte. New CH KISA THE HEAT IS ON AT MARLEX "Sissy", after a long hiatus from the show ring, makes quite an appearance to capture back to back Majors to finish in Raleigh. Owned and bred by Kim Byrd and Armando, handled by Kim, with sideline cheering from grandmas Joanne Wilds and Susan Goldman. This makes the Ace X Mamba litter an all champion litter! Joanne also showed Sissy's litter sister CH MARLEX BRINGS THE HEAT "Marissa" wins Select Bitch every time shown in Raleigh as well, with 2 Majors towards her Grand Championship. And In The Great State of Texas, Houston Shows: MARLEX CLASSIC RED RUM "Red" makes his ring debut at 6 months old with owners Larry & Penny Dewey, and what a debut it is for Classie's younger brother! Red wins the Points both days. Congratulations to Larry & Penny, and for Emmett's wins as well. Breeders Carole Mohr-Rio and Armando couldn't be happier. Photos of back to back Group 1's in Palm Beach arrived. Leah got to be in the 2nd photo with Classie this time. No squeaky duty this time, although her squeaky duty on the 1st photo produced one of my favorites of Classie show photos.& 03/20/11: Classie does it again! Another weekend of Back To Back Group 1's. This time at Ft. Lauderdale shows. That's 15 Group Firsts since January. The girl is "hot"! Her Show Record at 20 Months of Age: 4 All-Breed Best In Shows 7 Specialty Best In Shows 44 GROUP FIRSTS 54 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS Ch Marlex Fandango After finishing his American Championship, owner-handled by Shawn Brown, "Freddie" has moved to El Salvador with friend and new owner Roberto Abdala. They wasted no time to hit the Central America shows and in short order "Freddie" has attained over 6 Championship Titles. Congratulations to Roberto & Freddie! 03/13/11: Classie wins back to back Group I's at the West Palm Beach shows this weekend! Her Show Record at 20 Months of Age: 4 All-Breed Best In Shows 7 Specialty Best In Shows 42 GROUP FIRSTS 54 OTHER GROUP PLACEMENTS 03/04/11: Classie wins a Group 2 and Group 1 at the Ft. Walton Beach shows. 02/28/11: Classie Quite a weekend in Tallahassee...Classie wins Back-To-Back GROUP FIRSTS! 02/24/11: New Photos of Pups At Almost 6 Months Old: Marlex Lulin Cash My Chips "Cash" Marlex Lulin Bet On Beauty "BeBe" Marlex Classic Red Rum "Red" 02/22/11: Classie Goes to Lakeland, Florida Shows and wins back-to-back GROUP FIRSTS, and two Group 4s. 02/14/11: Celebrating in New York with our son & daughter, Alex & Lisa! 02/14/11: Classie Shines In New York!! Wins BEST OF BREED at WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB in Madison Square Garden on Monday, under judge Mr. Leonard Reppond. Classie also shines in Westminster's Toy Group (most competitive Toy Group of the year) by making the Cut under judge Mr. Frank Sabella. Also wins BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW at the Empire Min Pin Club of Grtr New York on Saturday, under judge Mrs. Michelle Billings. This is Classie's 7th BISS. What a weekend in the Big Apple for our "Classie" girl. 02/13/11: Gia CH MARLEX ALEGRIA wins two more group placements at weekend shows in Canada, owner-handled by Jamie Maxwell. Congratulations to Jamie, go Gia! Congratulations are in order for Ch Brackley He's My Warrior's Best In Show win in Indiana, owner-handled by Gary with coowners Mary & Wendy! A great weekend for team Max. 01/30/11: Classie wins a Group 2 and a Group 3 this weekend at Charleston, SC shows. 01/25/11: Collage of photos taken by Leah of her main min pin girl "Classie", and the traveling pups (BeBe, Cash & Red) along for show exposure: 01/24/11: "Classie" THE TOP WINNING TOY IN FLORIDA JANUARY CIRCUIT 6 GROUP FIRSTS 3 GROUP SECONDS 1 GROUP THIRD 1 GROUP FOURTH It was 1 year ago that Classie debuted at these shows as a baby puppy at 6 Months Old, making quite a splash then by winning her first Toy Group at 6 Mos and 2 days old, and making a splash now on her first anniversary of an amazing show record. 01/17/11: "Classie" Keeps Winning At Florida Classic January Circuit Wins back to back Group Firsts on Thursday & Friday, then Group Seconds on Saturday and Sunday! So far the Top Winning Toy on this long January circuit with: 3 GROUP FIRSTS 2 GROUP SECONDS 1 GROUP THIRD 1 GROUP FOURTH 01/11/11: New Videos of the 2011 Hopefuls:
Marlex Classic Red Rum At 4 Months Old
Marlex Lulin Bet On Beauty At 4 Months Old
Marlex Lulin Cash My Chips At 4 Months Old01/10/11: "Classie" Off To A Great Start in 2011 Wins a Toy Group 1st in highly competitive first weekend of Florida Circuit shows, along with a Group 3 and Group 4! 01/01/11: "Classie" No. 1 Min Pin All Systems 2010 And No. 9 TOY In America 2010 4 ALL BREED BEST IN SHOWS 6 BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOWS 29 TOY GROUP FIRSTS 44 OTHER TOY GROUP PLACEMENTS 01/01/11: 3 Hopefuls for 2011 Currently Residing At Marlex, at 4 Months Old: Marlex Classic Red Rum (Ch Marlex Mister Chips X Ch Lulin Banana Smoothie) Marlex Lulin Bet On Beauty (Ch Marlex Mister Chips X Ch Sargons Cash N Bold And Beautiful) Marlex Lulin Cash My Chips (Ch Marlex Mister Chips X Ch Sargons Cash N Bold And Beautiful) Wishing All A Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Feliz Navidad & Happy Holidays! Marlex Classic Red Rum, Marlex Lulin Bet On Beauty & Marlex Lulin Cash My Chips New Videos: Ch Lulin Lets Get It On At Marlex Thanks Brenda & Charlie for sending Marvin's photo from Ocala winning weekend when he finished with 3 Majors from the puppy class. Who says its hard to finish Black/Rusts? Not when you look, move and act like Marvin. Owned by Charlie & Brenda Kidd, bred by Luis & Linda Colarte, sired by our "Chip" out of Lulin's "Windy", and shown on this occasion by Armando. 12/22/10: A Bit of Sad News... Frank Mercer, a Lifetime MPCA member and former MPCA President, passed away peacefully at home today with his devoted wife Janis Mercer by his side. Frank & Jan have been MPCA members since 1973, have served the club and breed in many capacities, and bred & showed min pins (Mercer's) very successfully for many years. Frank was always the ultimate gentleman, very personable, welcoming and also very talented in producing beautiful leather works. We extend our deepest sympathy to his beloved wife Janis Mercer and the entire family. 12/19/10: "Classie" ends the show year with a Group 2 on Saturday the 18th and a Group 1 on Sunday the 19th at Orlando Shows! NO. 1 MIN PIN IN THE USA, ALL SYSTEMS, AND NO. 9 TOY IN THE NATION FOR 2010 It seems it was only yesterday when Classie made her debut in mid January at 6 months old, garnering her first GROUP FIRST at 6 Months 2 Days Old, and finishing out the year with her 29th GROUP FIRST, and a winning annual record not seen in almost 20 years in our breed. We are proud and thankful! 4 ALL BREED BEST IN SHOWS 6 BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOWS 29 TOY GROUP FIRSTS 44 OTHER TOY GROUP PLACEMENTS 12/17/10: Marlex Midnight Sparkle Sparkle, a high stepping girl captured above winning a 3 Point Major in Ocala. Next travels to Orlando with her kennelmate Classie and goes WB for a point and Classie gets the Breed. 12/11/10: "Classie" Wins yet another Group First at the Miami Show cluster. That makes her 28th Group First win this year! 12/10/10: "Classie" Wins Group First again today at the Miami Show. 12/09/10: "Classie" is awarded Toy Group 2nd today at the Miami All-Breed show. 12/08/10: "Classie" wins BEST IN TOY SHOW at the Toy Club of South Florida show in Miami today! 12/05/10: "Classie" #1 MIN PIN ALL SYSTEMS & #8 Toy Dog In The Nation! Classie wins another Group 1st today in Savannah, GA, ending the 4 day show circuit with TWO Group Firsts & TWO Group Seconds in highly contested Toy group competition. Her winning record at 16 Months Old: 4 ALL-BREED BEST IN SHOWS 6 BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOWS 25 TOY GROUP FIRSTS 42 OTHER TOY GROUP PLACEMENTS We heard the news... At Eukanuba Show in California, "Cody" (GCh Altanero Code Red) wins BEST OF BREED, owned by Kim Byrd, Joanne Wilds & Susan Goldman, bred by Susan & Joanne and handled by Kim. Way to go! Also congratulations to 1st Award of Merit "Kevin" (GCh Melody's Urban Pride Best Ever), owned by Penny Urban & Jane Heuer, bred by Jane and Gretchen Hofheins-Wackerfuss and handled by Penny...and 2nd Award of Merit & Best Bred By Exhibitor "Major" (GCH Kimro's Soldier Boy) who went on to Bred By Exhibitor BIS, owned & handled by Kim Calvacca, bred by Kim and Robin Greenslade. Special Kudos & Thanks to Jacqueline Siotto and Suzan Souza for putting on the Min Pin Booth at the Eukanuba Meet The Breeds. They do a fantastic job in highlighting our Breed, as I witnessed the last 2 years, and I'm sure they've done the same this year! Marcie (GCh Marlex Marisol) wins the Breed on Saturday at Michigan show, owner-handled by Melanie Hackett. Way to go! 12/03/10: In Savannah, GA for the long weekend of shows... Classie wins yet another Group First in keen competition today, following the Group Second from yesterday. Woohoo. 11/28/10: "Classie" #1 MIN PIN ALL SYSTEMS & #8 Toy Dog In The Nation! Is awarded yet another Group 1st, in Montgomery, AL show. 11/22/10: "Classie" The Back to Back Best In Specialty Show Photos from Min Pin Club of N. CA arrived: 11/21/10: "Classie" SHOWS IN OCALA A GREAT SUCCESS, AND GREAT TIMES WITH FRIENDS! - Classie wins the Breed every day, plus Group 1, and Two Group 2's. Classie's owner Leah Monte, and her mom Teddie, were able to make it to the show Saturday afternoon to watch "the mighty girl" win the Group. - Marvin NEW CHAMPION LULIN LET'S GET IT ON AT MARLEX. "Marvin" wins 3 Majors in Ocala to finish his championship in grand style at 9 Months Old! Sired by Ch Marlex Mister Chips out of Ch Lulin Dancing In The Wind, bred by Luis & Linda Colarte, and owned by Brenda & Charlie Kidd. His Dam "Windy" is now an MPCA Hall of Fame Dam, and the 18th champion kid sired by our "Chip"! - A PROMISE FULFILLED! Dear friend Pam Ruggie asked me to show her special girl "Tiki" (Risingstar Tequilatalking of Pevensey) to her championship, a couple of weeks before she passed away. Tiki did Pam & Marcia proud, and finished on Saturday, and I was happy to show her to this very special championship. - Sparkle goes Winners Bitch on Sunday for a Major! - It was a great weekend of shows, fraternizing with our Florida Min Pin group, plus great food and conversation. 11/15/10: "Classie" #1 MIN PIN ALL SYSTEMS & Jumps To #8 Toy Dog In The Nation! We're so proud of the mighty girl "Classie". Not only is she #1 Min Pin All Systems, but latest Stats reflect she's the #8 Toy Dog in the Nation! 11/14/10: "Classie" #1 MIN PIN ALL SYSTEMS Classie goes to California and gets 2 more Best In Specialty Show Wins (and breed wins at adjecent 2 all-breed shows). This time at the back-to-back Min Pin Club of Northern California Specialties in beautiful Napa, California, to repeat the feat of her sire "Chip" (BISA & BISS Ch Marlex Mister Chips) 2 years ago. This young Club did an outstanding job of putting on a fun and hospitable show for their membership, exhibitors, judges & spectators. Their enthusiasm to put on a good show and make everyone feel welcome and visibly cheer support for all class winners was refreshing. Congratulations to all the winners, and particularly to the club officers & membership who made these specialties so successful and fun! 11/6/10: "Classie" Classie wins another Toy Group First, her 21st! Click on "Litters" for New photos of Chip X Brooke pups (girl & boy) at 10 weeks old. 11/4/10: "Classie" To the best of our knowledge, to date, "Classie" stands as the Min Pin with the most All-Breed Best In Shows in almost 20 years, with 4 Best In Shows. Not since the great winning "Buckskin Gal" had a representative of our breed won more than 3 BIS's in the United States. While Leah, Carole Ann and I are elated with the recognition, it also reflects our breed is not readily recognized in the BIS ring. "Classie" Continues her Georgia tour on to Marietta shows where she is awarded 3 Group 3's in keen toy group competition, adding to her winning record at 15 Months Old, which stands at: 4 ALL-BREED BEST IN SHOWS (in less than 1 month) 4 BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOWS 20 TOY GROUP FIRSTS 37 OTHER TOY GROUP PLACEMENTS It was a good weekend for Min Pins elsewhere too, including Best In Show win for "Max", his 3rd BIS, with Gary Wittmeier in California, and Best In Show for "Zack", his 2nd, with Cindy Kowalchuk in Canada. Congratulations to owners/handlers/breeders! 10/24/10: Classie Shines in Atlanta Shows with huge toy entries at all 4 shows. She wins the Breed all 4 Days, plus Three Group 2's and One Group 3. Atlanta shows were great too for the class dogs I showed: - "Tiki" (Risingstar Tequila Talking), owned by the late Pam Ruggie, coowned by Marcia Tucker, and bred by Carol Dry, was shown 3 days with 3 wins, including a 4 point major. One more major to fulfill my promise. - Also showed Classie's littermate brother 1 day to finish his championship with a 4 point major. He's now Ch Classic Marlex Handsome Julio, who was shown by his breeder-owner Carole Ann Rio sparingly, and one time by Armando. All in all, Julio won 10 of the 12 times shown, making him part of all-champion litter of 3 sired By Ch Marlex Mister Chips out of Ch Lulin Banana Smoothie. Julio is Chip's 17th Champion! 10/17/10: Classie is currently the NO. 1 MIN PIN IN THE USA, All Systems! And A Top 20 Toy! Another great weekend of shows for Classie. Comes home with a Group 1 and a Group 2 from the Lake City, Florida shows. This makes her 20th Group 1st, in addition to her 4 All-Breed Best In Shows, 4 Best In Specialty Shows and 30 other Group Placements, at 15 months old. Ch Marlex Alegria ("Gia") wins 2 BEST IN SHOWS in Canada this weekend, owner-handled by Jamie Maxwell. We share in the excitement of these great wins for our homebred Gia, and extend congratulations to Jamie! Great job! 10/14/10: Classie is the NO. 1 MIN PIN IN THE USA, All Systems! : Currently the No. 1 Min Pin in Breed and All-Breed Points! Plus A TOP 20 TOY, highest ranked Min Pin. This past weekend at the Arcadia, FL shows, our Multi BIS/BISS girl wins her 19th Group First, plus Group 2 & Group 3...as she turned 15 months old. Record of Wins As of October 10, 2010: - 4 ALL-BREED BEST IN SHOWS - 4 BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOWS - 19 GROUP FIRSTS (first one awarded at 6 Months 4 Days Old! A record?). - 13 GROUP SECONDS - 10 GROUP THIRDS
- 6 GROUP FOURTHSMulti BIS "Classie" : shines in Michigan. BEST IN SHOW #4, 2 Best In Specialty Shows and a Group 2. The cold weather, rain & wind didn't stop our girl, although I was shivering! 4th BIS in less than 30 days. Special thanks to Melanie, Lil, Sandy, Bobbie & her mom for their hospitality and support. 09/27/10: Multi BIS "Classie" : WOW, BEST IN SHOW #3 For "Classie", and this time in hometurf at Deland, FL show weekend shows. Classie wins back to back Group Firsts and a Best In Show, Her 3rd in less than a month! Leah and I, along with breeder Carole Ann, are elated. Special thanks to the many friends who rooted for our girl at the shows. It was a good weekend for Min Pins all around.... Besides Classie's BIS & group wins, Kim & Robin's "Major" went Best In Show in Connecticut, Penny & Jane & Gretchen boy "Kevin" won group & placement in Missouri...and there may be more I haven't heard of yet. Congrats to other 2010 BIS Min Pins, "Max" with Gary, "Major" with Kim, and "Zack" with Cindy. 09/21/10: Multi BIS "Classie" : ANOTHER ALL-BREED BEST IN SHOW for "Classie", and this time at Prescott, AZ Show, with the seal of highest approval from BIS Judge Mrs. Sharon Krogh, breeder judge. Group 1st came from another breeder-judge, Mr. David Krogh. Speechless and thrilled with this great recognition! 09/12/10: BIS "Classie" continues her winning ways at Biloxi 5 Shows... Group 4, Group 2, Group 2, Group 2 & Group 3... 09/06/10: Best In Show Classie Here she is, captured in Best In Show and 3 Group Firsts photos from this weekend shows in Louisiana.   09/05/10: ALL-BREED BEST IN SHOW FOR "CLASSIE" Classie wins BEST IN SHOW today at Monroe, LA Show. That we're elated would be an understatement! When BIS Judge Mr. Joe Walton said "the min pin", it was quite a thrilling moment, well at least for me, as Classie just wanted to go after all the big dogs! Owner Leah, breeder Carole Mohr-Rio and owner handler me are thrilled with this very very special award. Thanks to all the friends for the congratulatory Facebook posts, private emails and many phone calls.   09/03/10: Classie the terror does her thing in Monroe, LA show...wins Best of Breed and Toy Group First. This is her 12th Group First! On 9/4/10, Classie wins Toy Group Second.   08/30/10: Ch Marlex Fandango "Freddie" captured on his finishing championship win, owner-handled by Shawn Brown. Looks great Shawn, thanks!   Classie wins the breed all 3 days in Atlanta and Group 2. Headed for home early Sunday before groups on account of nervous wife Xio at home with Brooke whelping her pups. Marvin wins the points on Saturday (major broke) and goes home with new owners Charlie & Brenda.   08/25/10: Lulin Let's Get It On At Marlex New photos of our promising boy, bred by Lulin. Soon to join his new owners Charles (Charlie) & Brenda Kidd, owners & professional handlers who have long been associated with the breed in the past and ready for a min pin again to drive their string of IG's and others crazy, as only a min pin can.   08/23/10: Great weekend at Greensboro, NC shows! Classie sweeps the 5 days of keen breed competition, plus Group 3 and Group 4. Candid photos taken ringside by Devoted Dogs Photography: Lulin Let's Get It On At Marlex aka "Marvin" (call name being debated by new owners, LOL) made his debut at 6 months old, shown at 3 of the shows, winning the puppy class every time, a 3-Point Major win, a Puppy Group 1st and a Puppy Group 3rd. Breeders Luis & Linda Colarte (Lulin)were happy to hear the news too. KISA The Heat Is On At Marlex gets a Winners Bitch, handled by co-owner Kim Byrd, with help from Joanne Wilds-Snell. It was great to see Sissy again, they don't forget! Sissy, Cody & Hamlet (along with "Sir" the basenji) got to meet their new kennel-mate, Ch Marlex Classic Elegance "Ellie" (Classie's sister) now co-owned with Kim Byrd (KISA).   08/18/10: Lulin Let's Get It On At Marlex makes his ring debut at 6 months 4 days old and wins a 3 Point Major! Great start. His "older" half-sister Classie wins Best of Breed.   08/17/10: Ch Marlex Gaited Pleasure "Tugger" looking great on his championship finishing photos. Thanks to owner-handler and friend Vivian Hogan for the photos:   08/16/10: Multi-BISS Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare Classie's photos from a great Wisconsin circuit of shows:   08/13/10: BISS Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare Classie's Group First photo from Duluth, MN show:   08/12/10: "Marvin" - PROMISING SPECIAL BOY Lulin Lets Get It On At Marlex "Marvin" was born on Valentine's Day 2/14/10. (BISA/BISS Ch Marlex Mister Chips x Ch Lulin Dancing In The Wind) Bred by Luis & Linda Colarte (Lulin), owned by Marlex. Photos at 2 days shy of 6 months old, quite the showoff...all Min Pin! 08/09/10: LITTERMATE BROTHERS FINISH CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE SAME DAY! One in the EAST and the other in the WEST: New CH Marlex Gaited Pleasure "Tugger" wins Best of Breed over Specials in Virginia for his last Major to finish his championship, owner-handled by Vivian Hogan. He was moved up the next day and went on to win the Breed again. New CH Marlex Fandango "Freddie" wins Winners Dog & Best Of Winners in California for his last Major to finish championship, owner-handled by Shawn Brown. Congratulations to Shawn & Vivian! These 2 latest champions add up to 16 champion kids for sire Ch Marlex Mister Chips (Chip) and 10 champions for dam Ch Marlex Wild Lismar (Lilo). Chip X Lilo have been quite a successful click with 10 champions produced to date, including National Specialty Winner, Top 20 Winner, Multi Specialty winners, Group Winners, etc. We are proud.   BISS Ch Marlex Marisol "Marcie", a current 2010 Top 20 Min Pin and older sister to Tugger & Freddie, wins another Best of Breed in Michigan this weekend, owner-handled by Melanie Hackett. Congrats!   Multi BISS Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare Our "Classie" girl owned by Leah Monte & Armando and bred by Carole Mohr-Rio, continues to shine, sweeping through Ohio on way down from very successful Wisconsin showing and wins the Breed 3 days in a row at Canfield. The loooong trip was worth it: 10 shows - 7 Best of Breed wins, including a Best In Specialty Show plus 3 Group Firsts!   08/03/10: Multi-BISS Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare wins another Group First. Classie has a great winning circuit in Wisconsin with a Best In Specialty Show and 3 consecutive Toy Group Firsts. We are happy! Candid Shots of Classie in the ring taken by owner Leah:   08/02/10: Multi-BISS Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare keeps rolling with 2 Back-To-Back Group Firsts in Wisconsin. Classie's littermate brother, Classic Marlex Handsome Julio who has been shown very few times by his breeder-owner Carole Mohr-Rio, won a 5 Point Major during the Greenville, SC shows this past weekend. One more major to finish and join his champ sisters Classie & Ellie and making it an all-champ litter sired by Chip out of Ch Lulin Banana Smoothie. Travis' 33rd champion, the red bitch Ch Kimro's Madison Avenue, finished her championship with a big major in Wisconsis this weekend, shown by her owner-handler Coleen Timmons, bred by Kimro team.   07/30/10: WOOHOO... Multi-BISS Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare wins her 2nd BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW, this one at the afternoon Badgerland Min Pin Club Specialty Show in Wisconsin. Also at the same specialty show, I had the pleasure to show "Maritza" (Pevenseys Chino Maritza)with great results, bred by the late & missed friend Pam Ruggie and owned by Marcia Tucker. Maritza won Winners Bitch & Best of Winners for a big 5 pointer to finish her championship. Very meaningful & satisfying.   07/27/10: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare:   Lulin Lets Get It On At Marlex 5 month old pup now at Marlex, sired by Ch Marlex Mister Chips out of Ch Lulin Dancing In The Wind, bred by Luis & Linda Colarte (Lulin). Hot stuff! 07/26/10: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare Group First and Group Third photos from West Palm Beach Shows:   Marlex Charlatan "Charlie" winning Best of Winner with his owner-handler mom Shelley Erdman:   07/24/10: Attended the wonderful memorial celebration of our friend Pam Ruggie's life at Marcia's house. There were close to 100 people (family and friends) who came to pay their respects and honor her life. 07/15/10: In Memory Of Our Friend PAMELLA (PAM) RUGGIE Pevenseys Miniature Pinschers Today, the Min Pin Show World lost a very prominent and successful breeder/exhibitor, Pamella (Pam) Ruggie of Pevenseys Miniature Pinschers. Her contributions to the Breed are well documented & evident in the many beautiful and winning Min Pins she produced, many of them cobred with her best friend Marcia Tucker (Sunsprite). On a personal level, I have lost a dear friend of over 20 years, a very strong and forthright woman, who also had a very soft side, compassionate and caring. I was fortunate to visit with Pam just a couple of weeks before her passing, and while obviously not in the best of health, she was in good spirits, with that twinkle in her eyes whenever we talked dogs & mini horses. That's how I want to remember her. That she will be missed by the many who loved her and respected her is an understatement, but none more so than her daugher Paige, son Tommy, grandchildren, sister, and extended family, and of course her very best friend, our friend too, Marcia Tucker. Rest in peace my friend. Armando & Xio 07/18/10: Classie goes to Duluth, MN shows and comes home with a Group First, Ground Second and Group Third. 07/11/10: HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY "CLASSIE"! Classie may not care its her First Birthday, but she gave us and owner Leah and breeder Carole Ann a Winning Gift of yet another GROUP FIRST to celebrate her special day. A great weekend of Group 3 and Group 1 in West Palm Beach! Leah was there to capture Classie on camera doing her thing: Her record to date includes: Best In Specialty Show 7 Group Firsts 23 Group Placements   07/05/10: Classie goes to the Capitol (well, 30 miles away) for "Independence Day" long weekend of shows in Maryland.... and wins 3 more Toy Group placements (Group 3, Group 3 & Group 4). While Classie rested after groups on July 4th, Armando went for a quick visit to some of the historical sites in DC (National Mall, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial, the Capitol bldg, etc.) on this very celebratory Day where thousandths of people came to celebrate & gather for the Fireworks at the National Mall.   In Oklahoma City, Marlex Charlatan goes to the Sunday show with his owner-handler Shelley Erdman and goes Best of Winners. Congrats to Charlie & Shelley!   06/27/10: After 4 weeks away from shows, we went to the big shows in Orlando, with great results! Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare "Classie" Wins Group 2 on Friday, Group 2 on Saturday, and GROUP 1 on Sunday. Candid photos in Orlando by Leah:   New Champ Marlex Classic Elegance "Ellie" had not been shown since winning a 5 pointer the day after the National, goes to Orlando too with sister Classie and wins the points Friday & Saturday to finish her championship.   Ch Marlex Marisol "Marcie" back in the ring with mended owner-handler Melanie Hackett goes Best of Breed the two days she's shown this weekend.   06/20/10: Ch Marlex Alegria "Gia" and owner-handler Jamie Maxwell have a great weekend in Canada. Gia won a Toy Group First, Group Second & Group Fourth. Congrats to Gia & Jamie.   06/17/10: Marlex Fandango Woohoo...Puppy "Freddie" goes Winners Dog & Best of Winners for a Major at Northern California show, owner-handled by Shawn Brown.   06/14/10: Ch Marlex Marisol makes an appearance at Michigan show while her mom (owner-handler Melanie Hackett) is on the mend. Marcie wins Best of Breed, handled by Cindy Jones on this occasion. Congrats also on Marcie's Top 20 ranking.   Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare Group First photo from Vero Beach, FL shows:   06/05/10: Classie captured on Leah's iPhone, doing her free stacking showgirl stance at Ft. Myers show, where Classie proceeded to win the Toy Group.   06/03/10: IN MEMORIAM - ROBERT (BOB) CONDON Sadly, Mr. Robert (Bob) Condon has passed away. Bob was a great dog man, highly successful handler of yesterday, particularly with Min Pins and Terriers, and subsequently a respected AKC Judge for many years. I met Bob Condon for the first time in 1988 when he judged Min Pins at Westminster. His love for the Breed was evident. After that, anytime we met at a show, he always had a story to share about min pins, a joke or advise, and he was of great quick wit. Once he moved to Florida, he was usually either judging or attending some of the Brooksville January shows with his lovely wife Madeline, and together they were quite the world travelers. I hold a lot of respect for those that came before us, those that paved the way directly or indirectly for the Min Pin folks of today, and Bob Condon is one of those in my "respect book". My deepest sympathy to Madeline Condon and their children and grandchildren.   06/01/10: Ch Marlex Marisol wins Best of Breed at 2 shows in Kalamazoo, MI, owner-handled by Melanie Hackett!   Marlex Fandango wins back to back Best of Breeds in California, owner-handled by Shawn Brown!   05/25/10: TOP SIRES 2009-Dogs In Review The May 2010 issue of Dogs In Review highlights Top Sires of 2009 and we are pleased to have our two Boys, Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold (Travis) and Ch Marlex Mister Chips (Chip) featured in the magazine article. Click on blue highlighted Top Sires above to see the article.   05/23/10: Classie has quite the winning weekend at Ft. Myers shows. Saturday wins Group 2, and Sunday goes Group 1. She now has 1 Best In Specialty Show, 5 Group Firsts and 15 Group Placements, at 10 months old!   05/16/10: Ch Marlex Alegria wins a Toy Group 2 and Toy Group 3 this weekend in Canada, preceded by Group 4 last weekend, with owner-handler Jamie Maxwell. Congrats Jamie and "Gia"!   Newcomer and novice owner-handler Shelley from OKC went to TX shows this weekend with her baby "Charlie" (Marlex Charlatan), winning Winners Dog both days. Even more meaningful was her glowing report how Larry & Penny Dewey, Ron & Sheryl Baker and Dan Bayless were so supportive and helpful in welcoming and providing guidance to a newcomer. Now that is class!   05/14/10: Official Photos Arrived from the National & Pacific NW Specialties: (pending Moji's Top 20 Photo)  "Classie" - BISS Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare "Diamond" - Ch Marlex Black Diamond "Ellie" - Marlex Classic Elegance 05/12/10: Commissioned painting from www.yonyogallery.com "Classie In The Moonlight" 05/9/10: Candids From The National Futurity/Maturity & Sweepstakes, courtesy of Lisa Uhacz: "Classie" "Diamond" "Tugger" with Vivian, "Paco" with Linda, "Freddie" with Shawn "Ellie" "Moji", photo from Ann Stout:   05/9/10: BACK HOME FROM THE National & the Pacific Northwest Specialties. A fantastic time, good winning, and wonderful visits with old and new friends! The show committee put on a great show and fantastic hospitality. The Marlex kids did well: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare won Best Opposite Sex at the National and Best In Specialty Show at the Pacific Northwest Specialty. Leah Monte and Armando are thrilled, as is breeder Carole Mohr-Rio! Ch Marlex Lulin Mojito , last year's National Specialty Winner, comes out of retirement to win the National Top 20 Event, both the People's Choice and the Official Judges' Choice. Moji has had tremendous wins at the National for 3 years in a row. In 2008, Winners Dog and Best Puppy In Sweepstakes In 2009, Best of Breed and Best In Maturity In 2010, Top 20 Winner (both People's Choice and Judges' Choice). The Colartes and Angelbellos are over the moon! Ch Marlex Black Diamond wins Best Opposite in Maturity and Best Opposite in Junior Sweepstakes for owner Lisa Uhacz. Marlex Classic Elegance wins the 9-12 Puppy Class at National, and then proceeds to follow in her littermate (Classie) footsteps and wins Winners Bitch, Best of Winners and Best Puppy at the Pacific Northwest Specialty. It was also thrilling to see our other kids who had good placings, and to visit with them and owner friends! Gratifying to know they don't forget who raised them. Marlex Gaited Pleasure with Vivian Hogan. Marlex Fandango with Shawn Brown. Lulin Marlex Paco Rabanne with new friend Aileen Hinkle. A great week, but glad to be home!   05/1/10: Classie wins another Toy Group! At the Vero Beach, FL show, Classie goes Toy Group First. Now, off to the Nationals. Look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.  04/25/10: Classie wins Best of Breed at both Florida weekend shows, and Group 2. Recent photo of Group 3 at FL show: Her sister Ellie is shown one day and goes Winners Bitch.  Half brother Marlex Gaited Pleasure goes Winners yet again in MD with owner-handler Vivian Hogan.   04/21/10: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare "Classie" being classy in the ring. Photos by Winning Image...Thanks Leah!   04/18/10: Classie wins Best Of Breed at the 3 All-Breed shows in Perry, Georgia. Marlex Classic Elegance goes Winners Bitch from puppy class.   Marlex Gaited Pleasure goes Winners Dog with owner/handler Vivian Hogan in Virginia. Lulin Marlex Paco Rabanne goes Winners Dog & Best of Winners in Northern California with owner handler Aileen Hinkle.   04/11/10: Marlex Classic Elegance show photos arrived and have been added. "Ellie" is owned by Lisa Uhacz and Marlex, and she is Classie's littermate.   04/10/10: Marlex Girls Do Good Today in the Southeast & Midwest: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare is awarded a Toy Group 3 in Elkton, FL show. That's 11 Group Placements, including 3 Group ONES for this wild puppy "special" who will be 9 months old tomorrow. Owners Leah Monte & Armando thrilled.   Ch Marlex Marisol gets a big Breed win with large min pin entry in Michigan. Way to go "Marcie" and owner/handler Melanie Hackett.   03/28/10: Marlex Girls In Movie Poster: Movie Poster Mamba (Ch Marlex Black Mamba) and Mimi (Ch Marlex Lulin Mimosa) appear in the movie poster of Jim Carrey movie, yet to be released in the USA.   03/28/10: In the EAST: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare takes another Best of Breed win at Raleigh shows.   In the WEST: Marlex Fandango "Freddie" bats 1000 in 3 shows entered with 3 wins in Northern California shows, owner handled by Shawn Brown.   03/27/10: In the WEST: Lulin Marlex Paco Rabanne, makes his show debut with owner/handler Aileen Hinkle in California and is awarded Winners Dog and Best Opposite over 2 specials. Congratulations to Aileen & Paco.   03/26/10: In the EAST: Marlex Classic Elegance goes Winners Bitch Thursday & Friday at the Raleigh, NC shows. Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare takes another breed win at the Friday, Raleigh show too, so it was a sisters-winning-act.   In the WEST: Marlex Fandango goes Winners Dog for consecutive days Thursday & Friday in California. Congrats to owner/handler Shawn Brown.   03/21/10: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare sweeps the Louisville shows, winning Best of Breed at all 4 shows and a Group 4 in a Toy Entry of over 530 toys with nationwide top dogs. A great weekend for Classie.   Marlex Classic Elegance goes Winners Bitch & Best of Winners at the thursday Louisville Show for a 3 Point Major! "Ellie" is Classie's littermate.   03/14/10: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare is awarded a Toy Group Third today. Another great weekend for our Classie girl. Having just turned 8 Months Old, Classie's group winning record stands at: 3 TOY GROUP FIRSTS 2 TOY GROUP SECONDS 2 TOY GROUP THIRDS 2 TOY GROUP FOURTHS   03/13/10: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare "Classie" does it again! Wins another Toy Group First at the West Palm Beach, FL show today. Owner Leah Monte, along with husband John and Leah's mom, got to see Classie in action and get the big win.   Ch Marlex Marisol "Marcie" is awarded Best of Breed again for the 3rd consecutive day in Franklin, TN shows. Way to go Marcie and Melanie!     03/12/10: Ch Marlex Marisol "Marcie" wins Best of Breed in Franklin, TN, two days in a row, owner-handled by Melanie Hackett.   Ch Marlex Mister Chips New candid photo received of "Chip" standing for table examination at Eukanuba Toy Group in December.   In Memoriam addition to "About Marlex" section, to honor and remember Florida Min Pin Club Friends, Gone But Not Forgotten!   03/07/10: No shows this weekend, but received nice candid photos of "Diamond" on the go in the pacific northwest with her owner-handler Lisa Uhacz. Check out the moving photos on her page Ch Marlex Black Diamond.   02/27/10: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare shows off for her new owner Leah Monte and owner/handler Armando at the Boca Raton show and wins a Toy Group IV. Made us proud.   Marlex Gaited Pleasure Photo of Tugger's 5 Point Major Win at NY Empire Specialty Show arrived, courtesy of his owner/handler and friend Vivian Hogan. Thanks Vivian!   Ch Marlex Brings The Heat Owned by Kim Byrd and Armando. New Photo of Marissa arrived, winning Best Opposite at Westminster Show, courtesy of her very able handler Joanne Wilds. Great of Kim & Joanne taking Marissa to NY!   02/22/10: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare after a two week rest and having just turned 7 months old, goes to Lakeland shows and wins Best of Breed every day and Group 2.   Marlex Fandango owned & handled by Shawn Brown in northern California goes Winners Dog & Best of Winners from the 6-9 Mos puppy class at N. Cal Toy Show.   02/17/10: New Group Photos of "Classie" arrived from the cold & rainy Ocala Shows: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare   New home photos of Classie's littermate "Ellie": Marlex Classic Elegance   02/15/10: We may not have been in New York, but certainly got a report of min pin happenings. Congratulations to all winners at Specialties & Westminster. Special Congratulations to the Breed winning teams, starting with Kim B., Joanne & Susan for Cody's Best In Specialty Show at the Saturday Empire New York Specialty; and to Kim P. & Robin for Soldier Boy's Best In Specialty at the Sunday Empire Specialty & Westminster Breed win. Kim & Joanne surprised us with the news they had taken our co-bred girl "Marissa" to New York where she won BOS at Westminster show, handled by Joanne.   02/14/10: Received great news from New York and Oregon!: Marlex Gaited Pleasure goes to the Sunday Empire New York Specialty and wins a 5 Point MAJOR from the 6-9 months puppy class with his elated owner/handler Vivian Hogan (Merrywood). Congrats to Vivian and "Tugger". "Tugger" Video at 5 Mos Old Ch Marlex Black Diamond goes Best of Breed again in Oregon, handled by her owner Lisa Uhacz (Shasta). Congratulations to Lisa and "Diamond" again! We are proud!   02/13/10: Ch Marlex Black Diamond wins Best of Breed at her first show with new owner handler Lisa Uhacz in Oregon. Way to go Lisa and Diamond!   02/12/10: Not doing New York this year. Will watch Westminster live telecast from warm and sunny Florida.   02/09/10: No shows this past weekend. Had time to update "Champion Specials" link.   02/01/10: Official Photos Arrived from 1st Set of January Shows: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare including her first Toy Group 1st at 6 mos 4 days old.  Ch Marlex Black Diamond from her first show in 2010.   01/31/10: Another Great Weekend for Classie: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare GROUP FIRST and GROUP SECOND at the Ocala, Florida Shows, at 6 1/2 mos old!   Marlex Fandango "Freddie" makes his ring debut with Shawn Brown in California and wins Best of Breed both days for his first points. Congrats Shawn.   Maisie Booher Summers (Bel-Roc Min Pins, Founded in 1950): Received sad notice of the passing of Mrs. Maisie Booher Summers, the oldest MPCA member on record, a founding member of the restart of MPCA, and a pioneer in bringing elegance to the Min Pin. Not only was she a great breeder & exhibitor, but she gave a great start to many famous Min Pin lines of yesteryear as well(e.g., Rebel-Roc, Sanbrook, Jay-Mac, Bomar, Halrok, etc.), and therefore, to many of the min pins of today. I had the pleasure to communicate with Maisie last year and wrote an article about her, published in the Pinscher Patter 2009 Summer Issue. A great lady with a lifetime devotion to the Breed.   01/28/10: NEW PHOTOS OF THE GIRLS TAKEN BY XIO: Ch Marlex Black Diamond Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare Marlex Classic Elegance Marlex Lulin Marbella  01/24/10: WHAT A WEEK FOR "CLASSIE"! Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare does it again today with yet another Breed Win to end a Week-To-Remember at the highly competitive Florida Classic Show Circuit. "Classie" made her ring debut as a class puppy bitch just having turned 6 months old, finishing her championship, and amassed wins beyond expectations for her owner Lisa Uhacz & owner handler Armando, and breeder Carole Mohr-Rio, to include: - 5 Best of Breed Wins over Top Specials - Toy Group First (at 6 months & 4 days old) - Toy Group Third - Toy Group Fourth Awesome week for Classie! We're delighted.   Check out new photos of Classie's sister: Marlex Classic Elegance who is not quite ready physically (tubey and all legs) to shine just yet.:-)   And Moji X Brooke boy: Lulin Marlex Clive Christian A very promising & elegant 5 1/2 mos boy bred by Marlex & Lulin and currently owned by Lulin (Luis & Linda Colarte), with future destination of Argentina. Not present at the time for photo-up the exciting littermates Marlex Lulin Marbella (future destination, Spain), and Lulin Marlex Paco Rabanne   01/22/10: Ch Marlex Mariachi 1997 - 2010 MPCA Hall of Fame Sire Owned & Loved by Chris Smith (Aztex) and coowned by Barb Stamm (March-On) "Ritchie" the WILD MAN has passed but his legacy lives on as well as the many triumphs, memories & joy he brought to Aztex, March-On & Marlex. A product of double "Silk Electric" and double "Cutter", he was built to produce, and that he did! Thanks to Chris and Barb for giving Ritchie a wonderful life.   01/22/10: On her first appearance as a Special (at 6 mos & 11 days of age), "Classie" takes Best of Breed and on to a TOY GROUP IV in highly contested Florida Classic Circuit of shows. She has quite a fan base in the group ring rooting for her and her antics. NEW RINGSIDE PHOTOS: Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare captured in the Breed and Group rings by our friend with the camera lens of gold, Allen Hornback. Great photos, thanks Allen & Debbie!  Marlex Midnight Sparkle was shown on the same day, and Allen captured photos of her as well. Check them out.   01/21/10: WOW, Woohoo! NEW CHAMPION Ch Marlex Classic Red Glare At 6 Months & 10 Days old, "Classie" takes Best of Breed yet again for a 5 POINT MAJOR to finish her championship. Her class career consisted of 7 shows, winning at 6 of them, to include: - TOY GROUP FIRST - TOY GROUP THIRD - 3 BEST OF BREEDS OVER SPECIALS Sire: BISA & BISS Ch Marlex Mister Chips Dam: Ch Lulin Banana Smoothie Breeder: Carole A. Mohr-Rio Handled by: Armando Owners: Lisa Uhacz & Armando Angelbello Very Proud!   01/20/10: Marlex Classic Red Glare, after a day off on the Florida circuit, goes back in the ring and goes Winners Bitch and BOS Over Special. Congratulations to Kim & Robin on Major's BIS win.   01/18/10: Marlex Classic Red Glare goes Winners Bitch and BOS Over Special at Monday Show, gathering more points and fans along the way.   Marlex Gaited Pleasure does it again on Sunday, his 2nd showing, by going Best of Winners with his owner Vivian Hogan on the lead.   01/16/10: Marlex Classic Red Glare makes her 3rd ring appearance, at 6 months & 5 days old, and does it again!!! She wins Best of Breed again from the 6-9 mos puppy class over the Specials, picking up another Major and goes on to a TOY GROUP III. Classie's littermate Marlex Classic Elegance makes her debut at this show and goes Reserve Winners Bitch to her sister, and the littermate brother Classic's Marlex Handsome Julio shown by breeder owner Carole Ann Rio debuts too, going Best of Winners and Best Opposite Sex over Male Specials too. What a day for this trio of littermates.   Marlex Gaited Pleasure makes his ring debut with his owner Vivian Hogan at the helm and goes Best of Winners at his first show. Way to go Vivian & Tugger!   01/15/10: Marlex Classic Red Glare makes her 2nd ring appearance, at 6 months & 4 days old, and what an appearance it is!! She starts off with going Winners Bitch with Armando, then Luis Colarte takes her back in for breed competition and she wins BEST OF BREED Over the Top Specials competition. But that's not all. Armando takes her to the Group and "Classie" wins TOY GROUP FIRST, over 240 toy entry. Her owner Lisa Uhacz is thrilled, so is the breeder Carol Ann Rio, and naturally Armando is too! "Classie" gathered quite a fan base for the Group and BIS ring with her spitfire presence, movement & type, all min pin!   01/14/10: Marlex Classic Red Glare, owned by Lisa Uhacz and shown by Armando, goes Winners Bitch in show debut at 6 months and 3 days old. Ch Marlex Black Diamond, makes her first appearance in 2010 at same show and goes Best of Breed in highly competitive specials entry.   01/13/10: The MPCA's 2009 Top 20 Min Pins in Breed Competition have been announced. Congratulations to all. We are particularly proud of seeing 3 kids sired by our "Chip" and 1 sired by our "Travis" in the Top 20. They are: Ch Marlex Lulin Mojito Ch Marlex Margarita Ch Bubic Regatta Bobby's Girl Ch Lulin Unbridled Artistry   01/10/10: New Mini Videos Added 12/31/09 for the following pups: Marlex Gaited Pleasure (now owned by Vivian Hogan)
The Dog Show Poop Blog and popular site "dogshowpoop.blogspot.com" has selected Classie to be included in their "Dogs To Watch" List!10/4/10:
Marlex Classic Red Glare(now owned by Lisa Uhacz)Marlex Midnight Sparkle Marlex Lulin Marbella(Luis Daniel, Spain) Marlex Classic Elegance  The Other Pups Had Alredy Gone To New Show Homes At Video Time, photos at: Marlex Fandango (now owned by Shawn Brown) Marlex Charlatan (now owned by Shelley Erdman) Marlex Lulin Heidi (now owned by Beverly Miller) Lulin Marlex Paco Rabanne (acquired) Lulin Marlex Clive Christian (acquired, Argentina)   Eukanuba National Championship Photos Arrived: Ch Marlex Mister Chips Best of Breed & Best Bred By Exhibitor and BBE Toy Group IV   MERRY CHRISTMAS, FELIZ NAVIDAD, HAPPY HOLIDAYS...TO ALL! 12/17/09: New Photos of the pups, including newly named Moji X Brooke pups. Go to "Litters".  12/14/09: Ch Marlex Mister Chips wins the very prestigious 2009 AKC/Eukanuba National Championship Show - Best of Breed & Best Bred By Exhibitor for the 3RD YEAR IN A ROW! (Triple Crown). This time under breeder-judge Mr. David Krogh. Co-breeder Salina Bailey was there to witness the great wins, so it was very special. Quite an honor and accomplishment for "Chip". We are elated. He also received the added honor of being awarded BBE TOY GROUP IV under yet another breeder-judge, Mrs. Sharon Krogh. Having just turned 4 years old, "Chip" keeps coming out of retirement for special occasions and show that he's still got it! Congratulations to the other Min Pins recognized for Awards: 1st Award of Merit to Ch Kimro's Soldier Boy (Kim Pastella-Calvacca & Robin Greenslade bred/owned, handled by Kim). 2nd Award of Merit to Ch Flashfire's The Meko (bred by Kim Swilling, owned by Mr & Mrs McDuff and Mr & Mrs Shepherd, handled by Susan Taylor). Winners Dog & Best of Winners to Altanero Red Alert (This years' National Specialty WD & BOW), Bred by Susan Goldman & Joanne Wilds, owner handled by Cindy K. Corrigal from Canada. Winners Bitch & BOS to Satins Dazzle The Stars At Sidels (bred by Judy Stout-Reynolds, owner handled by Jacqueline Siotto). You can see the catalog entries, results, photos and videos of the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship Show at: http://www.akc.org/nationalchampionship/show/index.cfm?section=breed_results&text_event_number=2009277101&breed_selection=MPIN&ax=get_breed_data&ct=123 In other news, the red bitch Ch Kimro's Koko Nuts becomes the 33rd champion kid sired by our BISS Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold, out of Ch Kimro's Maid In Mahattan. Congrats to Robin Greenslade & Kim Pastella-Calvacca. The first Champion sired by Ch Marlex Lulin Mojito has finished. Congratulations to owner Denise Tudor-Hayes (and handling help from Leona Riley) on finishing Ch Lulin Daiquiri, out of Ch Lulin Dancing In The Wind, bred by Luis & Linda Colarte. Way to go! New photos of the Moji X Brooke Pups, litter of 2 boys and 2 girls at 16 weeks old. 12/7/09: Ch Marlex Black Diamond makes a winning appearance at the Miami shows, just having turned 1 year old, while her dad (Chip) and older brother (Moji) are busy doing other things. New photos of the Moji X Brooke Pups, litter of 2 boys and 2 girls at 16 weeks old. UPDATED PHOTOS Of Tentative 2010 Crop of Hopefuls: 11/24/09 & 11/17/09 Marlex Gaited Pleasure b/r boy at 19 weeks. Marlex Fandango b/r boy at 20 weeks. Marlex Classic Red Glare red girl at 18 weeks,bred by Carol A. Rio, owned by Marlex. Marlex Classic Elegance stag red girl at 19 weeks, bred by Carol A. Rio, owned by Marlex. Marlex Midnight Sparkle b/r girl at 20 weeks, followed by younger photos. Marlex Charlatan b/r boy at 20 weeks. 11/22/09: Congratulations to Kathy Helming and Pam Campbell-Dziuk on finishing "Buzz" (Ch Regatta Trotwood Nite Cap). "Buzz" was sired by Ch Marlex Mister Chips out of Ch Regatta The Devil Wears Blk-N-Tan, bred by Pam and Kathy, and handled to his championship by Kathy, with 3 majors, including Major win at Yankee Specialty! He's the 12th champion sired by Chip. Way to go! 11/16/09: Christmas is coming early to our household, or shall we say, a new addition and early Christmas present for Xio. Xio has yearned for a Mini Filly for years, to add to her barn menagerie comprised of a mini gelding named "Promise", pot-bellied pig "Sophia", array of chickens, pheasants & ducks. Well, checkout Xio's new baby girl: Pineywoods Silver Moon To be called "Luna", this beautiful silver/white pinto filly was acquired from our good friends Marcia Tucker & Pam Ruggie, long time noted successful breeders of Sunsprite/Pevensey Min Pins fame, and most recently noted breeders of Pineywoods Mini Horses. The latin spitfire (Xio) is already busy making preparations for Luna's arrival, and Armando is hopeful of being out of the doghouse for many weeks to come :-) Thanks to Marcia & Pam for letting us have this special girl. UPDATE 11/27/09: "Luna" arrived last week and she is doing great, all settled in and very happy to be spoiled by Xio! New photos have been added of Luna after her arrival at home, including meeting her new best friends "Promise" the shaggy gelding, and "Sophia" the very fat Pot Bellied Pig. 11/14/09: HE'S BAAAAAACK....."Moji" (Ch Marlex Lulin Mojito) returns to the show arena after almost 4 months hiatus due to injury. First show back, Best of Breed and Toy Group 4! He didn't miss a beat strutting his stuff. 11/13/09: "Diamond", as in Ch Marlex Black Diamond, makes a show appearance and wins Best of Breed. 11/09/09: "Chip" (BIS & BISS Ch Marlex Mister Chips) goes on another show weekend outing and gets 2 TOY GROUP SECONDS. His 62nd and 63rd Toy Group Placement. 11/01/09: "Chip" (BIS & BISS Ch Marlex Mister Chips) makes an appearance at 1 day show and is awarded a Toy Group IV, his 61st Toy Group Placement. "Moji" is doing great, just about all recovered and getting back in shape rapidly with devoted help & monitoring by Luis & Linda. Thanks to all our sincere friends for their best wishes. 10/3/09: "Gia", Our new Champion! CH Marlex Alegria finished her championship at 10 months old, with multiple Breed Wins from the Classes, and puppy group wins. She will soon join her owner Jamie Maxwell in Canada. "Gia" comes from yet another ALL-CHAMPION litter from "Chip X Lilo", joining littermate sisters BISS CH Marlex Marisol and CH Marlex Black Diamond in making their Dam, BISS CH Marlex Wild Lismar (Lilo) an MPCA Hall Of Fame (ROM) Top Producer with 8 Champions to date. And this makes 11 Champions sired by our BIS & BISS CH Marlex Mister Chips which qualifies him as MPCA Honor Roll Sire.  In California, Ch Lulin Unbridled American, becomes the 32nd Champion sired by our Travis, finishing his championship with 5 Majors, including another major to finish. "Ricky" was bred by Luis & Linda Colarte (Lulin) and owner-handled by Aileen Hinkle. Congratulations to all. 9/26/09 Weekend: The 30th and 31st Champions sired by our CH Pevenseys Wild N Bold (Travis) finished their championships this weekend. The new champions are littermates Ch Kimro's Chase Manhattan and Ch Kimro's She's Just Being Miley, out of dam Ch Kimro's Maid In Manhattan, bred by Kimro. Congratulations to Kim & Robin and owners. Friday, 9/25/09: BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW & BEST IN SWEEPSTAKES Motor City Miniature Pinscher Club Specialty Show WOW! "Marcie", owner handled by Melanie Hackett, makes a clean sweep at the Motor City Min Pin Club Specialty Show in Michigan, in an entry of 35+ Min Pins. Starts off with Best In Puppy Sweepstakes, followed by the big win of Best In Specialty Show. We're so proud of this 10 Month Old red puppy bitch and her newcomer owner Melanie! Just barely 4 months ago, "Marcie" made her show debut at 6 months old at the MPCA National, showing great promise, winning the Regular 6-9 Mos Puppy Bitch Class. See Marcie strutting her stuff as a 6 month old girl at Marlex Videos and click on her name.   New Photos at Litters of some of the 2010 Marlex hopefuls.   Weekend of 9/19 & 9/20: Our top winning & top dog Ch Marlex Mister Chips comes out of early retirement on Saturday and Sunday at the big Atlanta, GA shows with over 400 Toys entered. Chip goes Best of Breed both days, with added bonus of Group III and Group IV in highly contested top ranked toy group competition. Chip showed he's still got it and keeps getting better, and that perhaps retirement was too early for this not quite 4 year old dynamite.   What's a Chi Doing Here? Check out "Emma" Ch Ouachitah Intimate Moment . A beautiful Long Coat Chihuahua, bred by Linda George, acquired & owned by Debbie Hornback and co-owned and handled by me. "Emma" finished from the Puppy Classes, with multiple Breed Wins over Specials.   Labor Day Weekend: Ch Marlex Black Diamond is awarded Best of Breed and Toy Group IV in Raleigh..
Ch Marlex Marisol shown by her owner Melanie Hackett goes Best of Breed at her first show as a move-up champion in Michigan.  Marlex Alegria takes the points 3 days in North Carolina.   10th Champion Sired by "Chip" finishes in NC: Ch Bubic The Steel Driving Man, bred, owned and handled by Joel & Sylvia Butler.   Marlex Videos , new feature on website containing Flash Videos of the Marlex dogs at the 2009 MPCA National Specialty. Thanks to Irv at "shodogvideopros.com" for the creation of these flash videos and our son Alex for putting them on the website.   8/30/09: New Champion: Ch Marlex Marisol finishes her Championship with 4 Majors from the puppy classes, owned and handled by Melanie Hackett. "Marcie" is the 9th Champion for Chip (sire) and 7th Champion for Lilo (dam).   See "Moji Flash Video" from his Wins at 2009 National Specialty & Yankee Specialty shows.   8/26/09:
" Marlex Alegria" gets 2 Best of Breed wins in Atlanta from the 6-9 mos puppy class. (new photo)  " Moji" is taking an unscheduled break from the show ring to heal from soft tissue bruising incurred being a wild & crazy min pin. So we moved up the recently finished puppy " Ch Lulin Diamond Chip", bred by Lulin and owned by Edwin Sanchez, and he took Best of Breed and Toy Group III at 7 months old.   " Marlex Black Diamond" finishes her championship on 8/5/09 in North Carolina by going Best of Winners, and on to a Bred By Exbitor Group 1st. Diamond is Chip's 8th champion, and the 6th Champion for new Honor Roll dam Ch Marlex Wild Lismar (Lilo).  Marlex has ventured into another breed. Debbie Hornback (Sargon) acquired a beautiful Long Coat Chihuahua puppy bitch from Linda George, named Ouachitah Intimate Moment ("Emma") coowned with Marlex. Armando showed "Emma" to her championship which included 2 Best of Breed wins over Specials in Canfield, OH for 4 Point Majors each to finish from puppy class. Photos soon.   August 2, 2009: Another Chip kid finishes its championship, and in grand style. Pam Campbell Dziuk's b/r bitch "Bubic Regatta Bobby's Girl , bred by the Butlers, finished with 4 Best of Breed Wins over Specials, a Group 1, Group 2 and Group 4, representing Two 5 pointers, One 4 Pointer and One 3 Pointer. Congrats to Pam & the Butlers.   End of July, 2009 (Greenville, SC & Canfield, OH): What an end of month for Chip's puppies!
" Ch Lulin Diamond Chip", the group placing puppy who finished in a flash is off to conquer new venues. His new owner, Dr. Edwin Sanchez, flew in from Mexico to take "Chippy" to his new home. (new photo)8/9/09: " Ch Marlex Black Diamond" wins Best of Breed as a move-up in North Carolina. Also, at same show, the 29th champion sired by our Travis' (Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold) finishes with a 4 Point Major, Ch Sunsprite Wild Night Uptown, bred by Marcia & Pam and coowed with Pat Prellwitz.
" Ch Marlex Black Diamond", the Best Puppy & RWB from the National and Best of Breed as first time move-up, and her littermate " Marlex Marisol", have updated photos on their pages too.
8/11/09: Sadly, " Moji's" injury is more serious than originally diagnosed. He has torn ligaments that will require surgery to repair so he will be out of the ring for a while. Moji ranks No. 1 Min Pin Breed Points as of July 31, 2009, and while he will not be able to sustain that position, he's still #1 to us!
Moji's injury was not as a result of being attacked by a big dog. I've been asked about it multiple times. Actually the opposite, he was on flexi lead, saw a large dog, bolted after it, hit end of flexi at full speed, flipped in air and landed on pavement on his side. He is recovering nicely from surgery and quite a chore for Luis & Linda to keep him confined. Thanks to all who have called & emailed with genuine concern and best wishes.
* I had the pleasure to show "Ch Lulin Diamond Chip" for owner Edwin Sanchez and "Chippy" finished his championship in a flash at 6 months of age, including THREE 4 POINT MAJOR wins. This moving fool will soon travel to his new home to be specialed. Congrats to Edwin, and breeders Luis & Linda Colarte.  * MPCA's Best Puppy in Regular Classes and Reserve Winners Bitch " Marlex Black Diamond" gets 3 more consecutive wins in Canfield on Thursday, Friday & Saturday and currently stands at 14 points towards championship, including THREE 4 POINT MAJORS. . * " Marlex Alegria", the red spitfire owned by Jamie Maxwell, then gets the Major on Sunday at Canfield, not to be left behind by her littermate sisters. . *" Marlex Marisol" owned and handled by Melanie Hackett wins yet another 4 Point Major in Michigan the same weekend, tied with her littermate Black Diamond at 14 points, including a 5 Pointer Best of Breed over Specials, and Two 4 Pointers! Congrats Melanie, we're proud. . Congratulations to Earl & Sue Shore & H. Greene (and breeders Luis & Linda Colarte) on Ch Lulin Unbridled Artistry (a son of our Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold) 3 consecutive Best of Breed Wins and group placement in Michigan, in spite of shameful unsportmanship-like efforts by some competitors in WI & MI shows. . July 12, 2009: "Moji" takes a GROUP FIRST to finish off the West Palm Beach show weekend. . July 11, 2009: A great day at West Palm Beach show. "Lulin Diamond Chip" makes his ring debut at 6 mos old and goes Winners Dog, "Marlex Alegria" goes Winners Bitch & BOW, and "Ch Marlex Mojito" goes Best of Breed and Toy Group II. . July 10, 2009: "Marlex Marisol" gets her 2nd Major by winning BEST OF BREED from the Puppy Class over 3 Specials, at 7 months old in Marshall, Michigan! Way to go Melanie & "Marcie".. July 4, 2009: "Marlex Marisol" (Marcie) gets a whopping 5 Point Major going Winners Bitch & Best of Winners from the Puppy Class, in Monroe, MI handled by her new owner Melanie Hackett. Congratulations to Melanie & "Marcie", we're proud!. The Marlex Gang goes to Ohio! Great showing in Ohio at end of June. "Moji" wins 4 Best of Breeds and Toy Group II. "Marlex Black Diamond" (Diamond) shown twice and won both times, including her 2nd Major. "Marlex Alegria" (Gia), acquired by Jamie Maxwell, goes Winners Bitch twice, also gets Best Puppy and Puppy Toy Group 4. . MOJI, the Number 1 Min Pin in breed points in America WINS YET ANOTHER BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW! Moji travels to Portland for the Pacific Northwest MPC Specialties, and wins the pm Specialty Best In Show, under breeder-judge Mr. Jim Briley, followed by winning the Breed at the two adjecent all-breed shows. A great weekend, with large min pin entries and great NW hospitality! . MPCA NATIONAL PHOTOS: * Best In Specialty Show: "Ch Marlex Lulin Mojito" * MPCA Top 20 Winner, Award of Merit & Best Stud Dog: "Ch Marlex Mister Chips" * Best of Opposite Sex In Specialty: "Ch Marlex Margarita" * Best Puppy & Reserve Winners Bitch: "Marlex Black Diamond" * 1st Place 6-9 Mos Red Puppy Bitch: "Marlex Marisol" .May, 2009: 5/31/09 MPCA Awards Banquet announcement: The 2009 MPCA Top 20 Winner was our "CHIP" (CH MARLEX MISTER CHIPS), cobred with Salina Bailey and owned/handled by Armando. We are thankful, proud and humbled by the fantastic recognition. Top 20 Judges: Mrs. Charlotte McGowan, Mr. Chuck Woods & Ms. Cherie McDaniel. . 5/31/09: See photo of "Moji" (CH MARLEX LULIN MOJITO) WINNING THE 2009 MINIATURE PINSCHER CLUB OF AMERICA NATIONAL SPECIALTY, handled by Armando, over an entry of 149 Min Pins under breeder-judge Mr. Ralph Lemcke. Luis & Linda & Armando & Xio are on Cloud Nine! Moji's younger sister, CH MARLEX MARGARITA (Maggie) WINS BEST OF OPPOSITE SEX handled by coowners Larry & Brenda Proffitt. Yet even younger Moji & Maggie sister at 6 months and 7 days old, the b/r puppy MARLEX BLACK DIAMOND (Diamond) wins Reserve Winners Bitch & BEST PUPPY from 6-9 Mos B/R class, and littermate MARLEX MARISOL (now owned by Melanie Hackett) wins the large 6-9 Mos Red Puppy bitch class followed by yet another littermate placing in large BBE Class, MARLEX ALEGRIA (now owned by Jamie Maxwell).... and the proud papa of them all, "Chip" (CH MARLEX MISTER CHIPS) WINS "AWARD OF MERIT" handled impeccably by our friend Pam Campbell Dziuk (Thanks!) AND "BEST STUD DOG". And the momma Ch Marlex Wild Lismar rests calmly at home cooking up the repeat brood. What a culmination of a fantastic week!!!!!. 5/28/09: "MOJI" WINS THE MATURITY STAKES ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE MPCA NATIONAL SPECIALTY. . 5/27/09: "MOJI" WINS THE YANKEE SPECIALTY under breeder-judge Mrs. Gerona MacCuaig of Canada! Ch Marlex Lulin Mojito tops the entry of 94 Min Pins taking Best In Specialty Show. As breeder/owners, Luis & Linda and Armando & Xio are elated with this recognition in top ranked Specials competition. . 5/22/09 to 5/26/09: ON WAY TO NATIONALS, and a stop at the Toy Dog Shows in Massachussetts (preceeding National), with great showing by Chip's kids. The puppy bitch "Bubic Regatta Bobby's Girl", bred by the Butlers and owned/shown by Pam Campbell Dziuk takes the Breed from the classes on Friday & Saturday & Monday as well as Group 2, Best In Show Group 1 & Group 4 at her first three shows. On Saturday, our puppy Marlex Black Diamond went RWB, Best BBE and BBE Toy Group 2 at 6 months and 1 day old. On Sunday, Marlex Black Diamond takes Winners Bitch, Best of Winners & Best Opposite for a Major at 6 months and 2 days old, followed by her littermate Marlex Marisol going Best Puppy and Puppy Group 2, and culminating in Ch Marlex Lulin Mojito taking the Breed and a Toy Group 2. . BEST IN SHOW MIN PINS IN 2009: Congratulations to Larry & Penny Dewey and Bobbie Mills on their Min Pin "Emmett" being awarded Best In Show All-Breed in Texas, the first one in 2009 for a Min Pin. Shortly after, Frank Johnson's Min Pin was awarded a Best In Show All-Breed in California. Congratulations to all! It is good for the Breed. . "Best In Show Min Pins" Click & check out the commissioned 20 X 24 painting inspired by the likeness of Little Daddy & Impy, the top winning min pins of all time, with the background Best In Show colors of red, white & blue. Little Daddy was Ch Rebel Roc's Casanova V. Kurt who earned 75 Best In Shows in the early to mid 60's and Impy was Ch Jay-Mac's Impossible Dream, who attained similar record in the mid to late 70's. No other Min Pin has ever come close to their records. This piece completed by Alex at www.yonyogallery.com and will be donated by Marlex Min Pins for MPCA auction. . First Weekend in May, 2009: "Moji" adds another Toy Group 2 during his first outing in May. . April, 2009: "Moji" gets 4 Group Placements in 3 Weekends: Two Toy Group II's, and Two Toy Group III's. . Check out new photos of the upcoming trio of girls from Chip X Lilo, taken at 20 weeks old: "here" to view the article and photos.
.FLASH 03/22/09: "Dillin", gets another Major to finish his championship in Raleigh, NC, now known as Champion Kisa In The Heat Of The Night, shown by Kim Byrd & Joanne Wilds, bred by Armando & Kim. This youngster makes his dam "Mamba" (Ch Marlex Black Mamba) an MPCA Honor Roll Dam with 6 Champions to date. "Dillin" is the 2nd champion to finish from this litter, the first being "Marissa",AKA "Bree" CH Marlex Brings The Heat, and waiting in the wings to resurface in the ring is pointed littermate "Sissy", Kisa The Heat Is On At Marlex. . FLASH 03/21/09: "Maggie", Ch Marlex Margarita, owned with Larry & Brenda Proffitt, goes Best of Breed and Toy Group 4th in a very competitive group in Tennessee, handled by Larry. We're thrilled for Larry and Brenda at the onset of Maggie's specials career, and she just turned 1 year old this week. . FLASH: Louisville Shows in March. What a great 4 day weekend of shows for our string. "Moji" makes a clean sweep by winning the Breed all 4 days, with 20+ entries and 6 specials entered. Finished 2 dogs, our "Brooke", (coowned with Lulin) with a major, and the Crawfords' dog "Rebel" with 3 straight WD awards, including 2 majors....and our little spitfire "Mai Tai", (coowned with My Fate) got a Major too. A Show Weekend to Remember!. "Maggie", Ch Marlex Margarita, goes Best of Breed both days at the Columbia, MO shows with new owners & friends Larry & Brenda Proffitt, handled by Larry. This very typey puppy girl finished in 4 shows undefeated at barely 7 months old. Maggie is a younger sister to our current special "Moji", from the breeding of Chip X Lilo. Congratulations Larry & Brenda. . Updated Photos: New photos of the 3 Puppy Girls from Chip X Lilo at 13 1/2 weeks old: "Marisol", "Black Diamond" & "Alegria". Mid-February 2009 News: TOP TOY DAM FOR 2008: We just received notice from the publication "Dogs In Review" that our girl "Lilo" (Ch Marlex Wild Lismar) was the 2008 Top Producing Dam (tie) in the Toy Group with 5 new champions! Lilo's 2008 Champions are: Ch Marlex Lulin Mojito, Ch Marlex Mimosa, Ch Marlex Margarita, Ch Marlex Blackjack & Ch Marlex Midnight Joy, with the sire being our "Chip". We are proud! "Moji" (Ch Marlex Lulin Mojito), our 2009 Special, continues to make his presence known, going Toy Group 3rd, Toy Group 4th and Toy Group 4th at the Lakeland & Boca Raton shows. He's is on a roll with 7 Group Placements in 1 1/2 months of showing (including Toy Group First) and ranked #1 in Breed through end of January. Moji is being watched carefully by his dad "Chip" who refuses to stay home when off to shows, and must be walked around the show site to greet friends and show off. . Our beloved "Diva" (Ch Marlex Dirty Looks)passed away in my arms at the age of 17 years old (1992-2009). She brought much joy to our lives in & out of the ring and we miss her terribly. Diva was the ultimate in solidifying for us feminine Breed Type. . Early February News: Finally took photos of the new trio of Puppy Girls sired by Ch Marlex Mister Chips out of Ch Marlex Wild Lismar. Check them out at 10 1/2 weeks old: "Marisol", "Black Diamond" & "Alegria". We did not go to the New York Specialties & Westminster this year, but heard some Good News on the results of dogs connected with our own. Our girl "Marissa" (aka Bree) is now Ch Marlex Brings The Heat, finishing in grand style by going Best In Sweepstakes, Winners Bitch & BOS at the Empire New York Min Pin Specialty on February 7th with another major. She is cobred and coowned by Armando Angelbello & Kim Byrd from the breeding of Ace X Mamba, and handled to her championship by Joanne Wilds. Her father "Ace" (Ch Altanero Barnstormer) went Best In Specialty at the same show! "Marissa" is Mamba's (Ch Marlex Black Mamba) 5th Champion, with 2 more pointed. At the February 8th Specialty, a Lulin puppy dog, sired by our Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold ROM "Travis" finished with a 4 pt major to give Travis his 27th Champion. For complete list of champions sired by Travis, check out "Top Producers". . Updated News End of January 2009:"Moji" sweeps the competition at 3 consecutive shows in Atlanta, GA by taking Best of Breed all 3 days. In breed competition, Moji wins 17 of 19 shows so far, and awarded a Group First, 2 Group Seconds, a Group Fourth. . "Brooke", coowned with Lulin, gets her 2nd Major in Atlanta. Well on her way to her championship. "Bree AKA Marissa", coowned with KISA, goes Winners Bitch in SC handled by Kim Byrd & Joanne Wilds...getting close to champion status.. UPDATED NEWS: January 2009 Flash News: Another Group Placement for the hot new Special "Moji", a Toy Group II in Ocala, Florida. See more details under his name below. .Movie walk-ons by Marlex Girls make the final cut in Jim Carrey's upcoming movie "I Love You Phillip Morris". A while back we shared a movie still "photo". While the new movie has not been released yet, a promo clip for the film is already out, and the Girls (Mamba & Mimosa) are in it, 42 seconds into the clip (if you blink you'll miss it). Check it out at "Movie Promo Clip" . Check out the wonderful movement photos captured by Allen Hornback (assisted by wife Debbie of Sargon) of "Chip" , "Moji", "Maggie" & "Brooke" during the January circuit in Florida. Thanks Allen & Deb for capturing these great photos. . ***A GREAT START OF NEW YEAR 2009*** Chip, Moji & Maggie . What a debut at onset of Specials career! "The Son" has made a splashy debut in the Specials Ring with 13 Best of Breed wins so far, a Toy Group 1st, Group 2nd and Group 4th in the highly competitive Florida January circuit. We're talking about CH MARLEX LULIN MOJITO, affectionally called "Moji" . "Moji" was Best In Puppy Sweepstakes & Winners Dog at the 2008 National Specialty, completing his championship in high style as a very promising puppy. His turn has come to carry on his father's footsteps. Moji is owned by Luis & Linda Colarte and Armando & Xio Angelbello, and handled by Armando. To top it off, Moji's first litter is on the ground for Lulin Min Pins. We're proud! You can catch "Moji" on the move at excerpt video from the Nationals at "Moji Moves" . The "daughter", CH MARLEX MARGARITA,"Maggie" to hit the Specials ring soon in the Midwest with new dad & mom Larry & Brenda Proffitt. "Maggie" finished undefeated in 4 consecutive shows at 7 mos old. Although still a pup, she has that showgirl spirit to be out and about. . "Chip"CH MARLEX MISTER CHIPS, retires from active competition after 2 very successful years in the Specials Ring. He has been a consistent winner in the Breed Ring, Specialties and Toy Group rings, achieving top ranking status both years. A joy of a show & companion dog in every way, he will still make an appearance here and there from time to time, and watch for his Kids in the ring. Chip's winnings include: *** All-Breed Best In Show Winner *** 2007 MPCA National Specialty Winner *** 2008 National Specialty First Award of Merit *** AKC/Eukanuba Championship Show Best Min Pin for 2 consecutive years (Best of Breed & Best Bred By both years) *** 7 Best In Specialty Show Wins *** 57 Toy Group Placements *** 17 Toy Group Firsts . ShowDecember 2008 News ***MERRY CHRISTMAS - FELIZ NAVIDAD - HAPPY HOLIDAYS*** .In the Top Producer front, our boys "Chip"(Ch Marlex Mister Chips) and "Travis" (Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold) sired 5 CHAMPIONS each in 2008. That is 26 Champions to date for 8 yr old Travis and 5 for 3 yr old Chip. More coming up in 2009 for both. Then we have our girl "Lilo" (Ch Marlex Wild Lismar)who has produced 5 CHAMPIONS finishing in 2008. Other Lilo kids to hit the ring in 2009. . Chip ends the year in grand winning style! BEST OF BREED & BEST BRED BY EXHIBITOR at the EUKANUBA/AKC NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP Show in Long Beach, California. This makes two consecutive Eukanuba Wins for Chip as he repeated his feat from last year. And from other December shows, Chip garners three Toy Group 3rds and a Toy Group 1st! . A New Aquisition: SARGON'S CASH N BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL "Brooke" A joint venture between Marlex & Lulin on the acquisition of Brooke from our friend Debbie Hornback (Sargon). Brooke makes a big SPLASH on her first weekend out by going Best Of Breed over all the Specials for a 5 POINT MAJOR. A great start for this very typey gal!. Chip's daughter "Joy" needed 1 point as reported in November below, and she finished her championship by taking a 5 point major, so now it's Ch Marlex Midnight Joy, owned by Mr. Raul Ferreiros from Spain. . The Chip x Lilo combination has now produced 5 CHAMPIONS finishing in 2008! . November News Updated: The Chip X Lilo puppies are making quite a mark in the show ring! A quick run down follows:.
FLASH: "Moji", Ch Marlex Lulin Mojito continues to be NO. 1 MIN PIN in the USA in breed points, and continues to shine in the Toy Group as well..
CH MARLEX MARGARITA "Maggie" Becomes a CHAMPION in her first 4 shows, undefeated, in Springfield, Illinois with a 4 Pt Major on Friday, 5 Pt Major on Saturday over Special, 4 Pt Major on Sunday & 2 Pts on Monday. What a feat for this 7 month old puppy! You probably haven't heard the last of her.. CH MARLEX BLACKJACK "Jack" A Best of Breed winner over Specials from the classes and BBE Toy Group First just needs 1 single point to finish at barely 7 months old! UPDATE: Jack finishes championship by winning his 3rd Major at 7 months old. Jack is already enjoying his new home in Costa Rica with owner Dr. Armando Clachar Rivas. . CH MARLEX MIDNIGHT JOY "Joy" Goes Winners Bitch in 4 straight shows in Georgia for a total of 10 points at 7 months old, which includes a 5 Point Major! UPDATE: Joy goes Winners Bitch, Best of Winners and Best of Breed over Special for her 2nd Major! Needs 2 single points to finish. UPDATE: Goes WB for another point, needing 1 single to finish. UPDATE: JOY becomes a champion by taking yet another 5 point major, finishing at 8 months old, and soon to head to Spain with owner Mr. Raul Ferreiros. . MARLEX MAI TAI "Maitai" Awarded Winners Bitch 3 times in two weekends with her owner handler Linda L. Smith in North Carolina, at 7 months old. . These 4 Littermates highlighted above confirm we have quite a "nick" with the breeding of Chip (Ch Marlex Mister Chips) to Lilo (Ch Marlex Wild Lismar) as they follow in the footsteps of their siblings from the first Litter, Mojito & Mimosa. So far, 5 siblings have finished in 2008...and counting. . MARLEX BRINGS THE HEAT "Marissa" This Barnstormer X Black Mamba daughter, co-bred & co-owned with Kim Byrd (KISA) takes her first Major with Kim at the helm! .September 2008 News WHAT A DEBUT FOR BLACKJACK & MIDNIGHT JOY! At 6 months & 2 days old, littermates Marlex Blackjack (b/r boy) and Marlex Midnight Joy (b/r girl) make their ring debut on first weekend out, with the following results: . MARLEX BLACKJACK "Jack", acquired by Dr. Clachar Rivas, walks away with TWO 5 Point Majors (both Winners Dog & Best of Winners) and bred by exhibitor TOY GROUP FIRST. . MARLEX MIDNIGHT JOY "Joy", acquired by Mr. Ferreiros, walks away with a big 5 POINTER Major (Winners Bitch) from the 6-9 puppy class as well as two Reserve Winners Bitch to 5 pointers. . Show photos soon. Quite an impressive start for these 2 youngsters! Their littermate red sisters "Mai Tai" (owned by Linda Smith) and "Margarita" await their turn in the limelight. Their brother & sister from the first breeding "Mojito" and "Mimosa" already made their splash earlier this year during Nationals week. See "Mojito" on video strutting his stuff at the 2008 National where he went Winners Dog, at http://www.showdogvideopros.com/LULIN.html This exciting breeding of "Chip" X "Lilo" has been repeated yet again, litter due in November, 2008. . 2nd Weekend On The Scene, Blackjack & Midnight Joy do it again! Blackjack sweeps the weekend getting the points back-to-back, by going Best of Breed from the classes on Saturday and Winners Dog & Best of Winners on Sunday. His littermate Midnight Joy goes Reserve Winners Bitch on Saturday and Winners Bitch on Sunday. .
Mid August 2008 News"CHIP" does it again! Wins Best In Show at the Orlando Toy Show on August 9th under breeder-judge Ms. Madeline Miller of Madric. A great honor in the continued accolades & awards Chip is receiving, and specially from breeder-judges. Quite a thrill! "CHIP" back in the No. 1 Min Pin spot in breed competition ranking as of end of July, 2008. At the same show, KISA THE HEAT IS ON AT MARLEX (co-bred and co-owned with Kim Byrd) was awarded Winners Bitch, Best Bred By Exhibitor and BBE Group 3. A great start with Armando for this gorgeous gal now living in the sunshine state. "Sissy" already made a name for herself with her person-mom Kim at the helm, winning Best of Opposite In Puppy Sweepstakes at the National. CH MARLEX MISTER CHIPS adds on to his record of BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW wins & Toy Group Firsts. Travels to Northern California for their First Min Pin Specialty show on August 1st and Chip wins his 6th Best In Specialty Show, along with Best of Breed at adjacent shows and Toy Group First!!!
Another litter sired by Chip on the ground. This time for owners Pam Dziuk (Regatta), and Joel & Sylvia Butler (Bubic).
Check out new photos of Chip X Lilo exciting litter at almost 5 months under "Litters" icon.CH MARLEX MISTER CHIPS lands Back To Back BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW wins in the Pacific Northwest, his birth place. In large specialty show entries and keen competition, Chip wins both PNWMC Specialties, under Judges Mr. Michael Dachel and Mrs. Diane Malefant. Then on to win yet another Toy Group First, this time in West Palm Beach!
July 2008 News:
As of May, 2008
***Marlex Lulin Mojito*** ("Moji") wins MPCA BEST PUPPY IN SWEEPSTAKES (under breeder judge Jane Heuer) in entry of over 120 and proceeds to win WINNERS DOG from Bred-By Class (under breeder-judge Larry Dewey)to finish his championship at the National Specialty! Quite a winning stallion-like puppy with awesome presence and movement! Luis & Linda and Armando & Xio are very proud. See photos under "Mojito" in Memory Lane.
***Marlex Lulin Mimosa*** ("Mimi"). Moji's littermate Mimi finishes in style with a 5 pt major at the Sunday Toy Show adjecent to the MPCA National Specialty, after consistently being in the winning classes at MPCA Sweeps & Regular Classes (1st placement at both). See photos under "Mimosa" in Memory Lane.
***Ch Marlex Mister Chips*** is awarded 1st Award of Merit at the National, and proud of his all champion litter winnings at the National weekend who finished there in style. He followed the National Specialty week with a Group First and two Group Seconds in the Midwest!
***Ch Marlex Black Mamba*** is awarded Best Brood Bitch in MPCA competition, represented by her kids Sissy & Dillin, sired by Barnstormer.
***KISA The Heat Is On At Marlex*** (Sissy), cobred by Armando A. & Kim Byrd, wins BOS In Puppy Sweeps at the National under breeder judge Jane Heuer.
***Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold*** is honored by MPCA as STUD DOG OF THE YEAR with 12 champions in 2007, and also is inducted into the Sire Hall of Fame!
We're exhausted but satisfied, a great week in OKC!
MARLEX MIN PINS IN NEW JIM CARREY MOVIE!!!!! Our b/r girls "Mamba" (aka Ch Marlex Black Mamba) and "Mimi" (aka Marlex Lulin Mimosa) were selected to appear in a scene of the new movie "I Love You Phillip Morris", starring Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor, currently being filmed for a 2009 release. The scene has already been shot whereby Jim Carrey is walking Mamba and Mimi along the sidewalk in South Beach. Our daughter Lisa took the girls to the shoot as Chip and I were away at shows, and she ended up getting a walk on part as well! Lisa was thrilled with this once in a lifetime experience, and reports Jim Carrey was very nice. Although it was hot, Mamba and Mimi had a ball. We hope they make it to the final cut. Click on link to see photo of the girls with Jim Carrey.
1. "Chip" - BISA & BISS Ch Marlex Mister Chips NUMBER 1 MIN PIN in Breed Points and All-Breed Points as of May 2008 publications.
As of end of March 2008: Best In Show All-Breed, National Specialty Best of Breed, 3 Best In Specialty Show wins, Eukanuba/AKC Best of Breed & Best Bred By Exhibitor Min Pin, 40 Group wins, including 12 Toy Group Firsts, 12 Group Seconds, 12 Group Thirds, 4 Group Fourths.
Of special note is the proud accomplishment that breeder-judges shown to, have not denied Chip in breed, group, BISS and BIS competition (15 of them to date!).
In the middle of it all, he has found time for a few visits with girlfriends, including new litter out of Ch Marlex Wild Lismar (marlex) and upcoming litter from Lulin (Luis & linda Colarte) and Myfate Min Pins (Linda Smith).
2. Chip's first litter out of Ch Marlex Wild Lismar (Lilo), cobred with Lulin, is confirming its outstanding potential.
MARLEX LULIN MOJITO (Moji), cobred with Lulin, and owned by Luis & Linda Colarte and Armando & Xio Angelbello, made his debut at 6 months of age. 1st show goes Winners Dog, Best of Winners, Best Bred By Exhibitor, and BBE Group 2! 2nd show, Moji goes WD & BOW for a 5 Point Major. "Moji" traveled with his dad to NY and made quite a splash in the ring and with fanciers. At the Empire Specialties, he won Best In Sweepstakes, and then a Winners Dog & Best of Winners for a Major as well. Moji is a very elegant male with striking presence and extreme movement.
His littermate sister, MARLEX LULIN MIMOSA (Mimi), owned by Marlex also debuted at 6 months old, getting 2 back to back wins from the 6-9 puppy class. Mimi goes to Tarheel Circuit and goes WB & BOW at 3 consecutive shows to pick up 2 majors and a 2 pointer. Mimi is a very typey and elegant girl who knows how to strike a pose. Both Moji and Mimi will be shown selectively before the National. Photos under "New Litters" icon, starting with 1st points photo at 6 mos old. This fantastic breeding has been repeated, litter of 5 whelped on 3/16/08, 1 b/r girl, 2 red girls, 1 b/r boy and 1 red boy.
3. "Rusty" - Ch Dazlreh Bold Elegance V Marlex bred by friends Lonnie & Rex Phillips and owned by Marlex. Rusty made his mark in the West breed rings with multiple group placements in 2007. He received one of two Award of Merits issued at the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship Show. He is in 2007 Top Rankings, including Top 10 Min Pins in Breed Points, and was specialed in 2007 under the ownership of Chris Smith, Barb Stamm and Armando. Thanks to Chris & Barb for highlighting this handsome boy in 2007, handled by Tish Cannon. Aztex/March-On litters sired by Rusty are on the way.
FLASH NEWS - Rusty is coming back home to Marlex in style. He won the 1st Award of Merit at Westminster KC show on Feb 12th, handled by our friend Pam Campbell-Dziuk. Potential availability to Special show home. UPDATE: No longer available.
4. "Mambo" - Marlex Mambo Jambo. This stag red puppy dog sired by Mariachi out of Black Mamba is close to getting his championship, and is a littermate to La Bamba. On his way, he has multiple breed wins over specials and a Group III, shown by his coowner Linda Smith. Update: Mambo finished with a 4 pt major in Greenville, SC and just before his first sired litter is born for Linda.
5. "Layla" - Ch Marlex La Bamba (Mambo's littermate red sister) goes Best of Breed over special to capture her 2nd major, and finishes her championship at Boca Raton shows.
6. "Travis" - BISS Ch Pevenseys Wild N Bold achieves major accomplishments in 2007 as a Sire of distinction. Travis produced 12 Champions for the 2007 MPCA qualifying year, and becomes both MPCA Honor Roll Sire and Hall of Fame Sire (ROM) in the same year with 23 Champion kids as of March, 2008. Standing at Stud on a limited basis, his champs to date were produced from beautiful girls from his Breeders Pam Ruggie and Marcia Tucker (Pevensey & Sunsprite), Rex & Lonnie Phillips (Dazl Reh), Luis and Linda Colarte (Lulin), Robin Greenslade & Kim Pastella (Kenro & Kimro), Arta & Maritza Rios (RR's), and Marlex. New litters on the ground from Dazlreh, Kimro, Pevensey/Sunsprite, Lulin, Goldmedal and Sue Krom.
7. New Litter - BISA & BISS Ch Altanero Barnstormer ("Ace") X Ch Marlex Black Mamba - cobred by Marlex and Kisa (Kim Byrd). This litter of 2 very promising red girls and 1 b/r boy whelped on 11/11/07, is Ace's first litter. The two-legged grandmas (Susan & Joanne) are proud too. The 3 HOT, HOT, HOT littermates have been named: MARLEX BRINGS THE HEAT (Bree), KISA THE HEAT IS ON MARLEX (Sissy) & KISA IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT (Dillin). NEWS: Our "Bree" makes her ring practice debut at 4 months old at a large Match in the Tarheel Circuit in Raleigh, NC. She flawlesly strutted her stuff to a Toy Group 1st in a large toy puppy group, under breeder-judge Mrs. Pam Campbell-Dziuk. You should have seen her square off with the Boxer in the Best In Match ring. See "litters" for photos of this exciting trio.
7. New Litter - Repeat of Mojito & Mimosa, 2nd litter sired by BISA & BISS Ch Marlex Mister Chips X Ch Marlex Wild Lismar - bred by Marlex. 5 PUPPIES ARRIVED on March 16, 2008! 2 Red Girls, 1 B/R Girl, 1 Red Boy & 1 B/R Boy. A lot more than expected!